Edison Commem

Old February 27th 04, 02:54 PM
Oregon

Default Edison Commem

So what do you think? Quick sell-out or minimal interest?
I wonder if there will ever be anything like the Buffalo commem again.
O.

Old February 27th 04, 03:11 PM
Ed Hendricks

"Oregon" wrote in message
om
So what do you think? Quick sell-out or minimal interest?
I wonder if there will ever be anything like the Buffalo commem again.
O.

I think there will be more interest in this one than some of the other
recent issues (ie. Vistitor Center) but not as much as the Buffalo. It may
sell out but it will be awhile. I don't think there will be the huge demand
of the Buffalo. But what do I know?

BTW, received an email last night that my UNC version had shipped, the proof
is still on back order I guess. I ordered on line on 17 Feb. Of course I
got an email on 20 Feb that my rolls of halves had shipped and they aren't
here yet, so who knows? :-)

--
Ed Hendricks
ANA# R178621

Old February 27th 04, 03:56 PM
Dale Hallmark

"Ed Hendricks" wrote in message
"Oregon" wrote in message
om
So what do you think? Quick sell-out or minimal interest?
I wonder if there will ever be anything like the Buffalo commem again.
O.

I think there will be more interest in this one than some of the other
recent issues (ie. Vistitor Center) but not as much as the Buffalo. It

may
sell out but it will be awhile. I don't think there will be the huge

demand
of the Buffalo. But what do I know?

BTW, received an email last night that my UNC version had shipped, the

proof
is still on back order I guess. I ordered on line on 17 Feb. Of course I
got an email on 20 Feb that my rolls of halves had shipped and they aren't
here yet, so who knows? :-)

I ordered the First Flight and the Edison (total 6 coins) . I too
received an email that 3 had shipped and then it was 10
days before they showed up.

Yesterday I was notified that the other three had shipped.

Dale
Not expecting them soon.

Old February 27th 04, 04:06 PM
Bruce Remick

"Ed Hendricks" wrote in message
"Oregon" wrote in message
om
So what do you think? Quick sell-out or minimal interest?
I wonder if there will ever be anything like the Buffalo commem again.
O.

I think there will be more interest in this one than some of the other
recent issues (ie. Vistitor Center) but not as much as the Buffalo. It

may
sell out but it will be awhile. I don't think there will be the huge

demand
of the Buffalo. But what do I know?

BTW, received an email last night that my UNC version had shipped, the

proof
is still on back order I guess. I ordered on line on 17 Feb. Of course I
got an email on 20 Feb that my rolls of halves had shipped and they aren't
here yet, so who knows? :-)

Which is more attractive from a future price appreciation standpoint? If an
issue sells out quickly, or if only a portion of the authorized mintage
sells?

Bruce

Old February 27th 04, 05:20 PM
Bob Flaminio

Mike Hairfield wrote:
I ordered mine on the first day available and got them in two days.

I ordered mine on the second day available, and got them *yesterday*.
What a difference a day makes.

Tomorrow they're off to ANACS...

--
Bob

Old February 27th 04, 06:14 PM
Bob Flaminio

Mike Hairfield wrote:
But have you found a MS70 Wahsington Half yet?

ARRGGHH!! I hope I never do. If I ever did, I feel I would be compelled
to upgrade my entire collection to MS70. Aside from the initial cost of
the MS70 Washington, this would mean untold thousands of dollars of
purchases. Right now I'm perfectly satisfied with my one and only MS69.

--
Bob

Old February 27th 04, 06:18 PM
Jorg Lueke

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 14:54:36 GMT, Oregon wrote:

So what do you think? Quick sell-out or minimal interest?
I wonder if there will ever be anything like the Buffalo commem again.
O.

I like the design :-)
As far as selling out goes, it will probably do so eventualy.