Swiss Post tests mail delivery by drones

Old April 28th 15, 02:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

Default Swiss Post tests mail delivery by drones

"Swiss Post is working with drone outfit Matternet for the duration of the
tests. The company's first drone can transport packages up to 2.2 pounds a
distance of 12.4 miles on a single charge. Matternet has previously tested
its drone technology in Haiti, where medicine and other supplies were
distributed to remote and disaster-stricken areas.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...very-by-drone/

--
Victor Manta, PWO

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old April 28th 15, 03:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

"Swiss Post is working with drone outfit Matternet for the duration of the
tests. The company's first drone can transport packages up to 2.2 pounds a
distance of 12.4 miles on a single charge. Matternet has previously tested
its drone technology in Haiti, where medicine and other supplies were
distributed to remote and disaster-stricken areas.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...very-by-drone/

Have they said who will pay for damages on a drone crash or to the
package should it release too early?
Old April 29th 15, 12:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"Sir F.A. Rien" wrote in message
"Swiss Post is working with drone outfit Matternet for the duration of the
tests. The company's first drone can transport packages up to 2.2 pounds a
distance of 12.4 miles on a single charge. Matternet has previously tested
its drone technology in Haiti, where medicine and other supplies were
distributed to remote and disaster-stricken areas.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...very-by-drone/

Have they said who will pay for damages on a drone crash or to the
package should it release too early?

No, but I suppose that these things will be covered.

As we now, everywhere all expenses are actually paid by customers, being
included in the price of the service.

What I cannot imagine very well are thousands of drones flying over our
heads with all kind of bricks and maybe even exchanging their loads in the
air.

Old April 29th 15, 03:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Sir F.A. Rien[_2_]

Have they said who will pay for damages on a drone crash or to the
package should it release too early?

No, but I suppose that these things will be covered.

As we now, everywhere all expenses are actually paid by customers, being
included in the price of the service.

What I cannot imagine very well are thousands of drones flying over our
heads with all kind of bricks and maybe even exchanging their loads in the
air.

Considering the rapidly increasing number of mid-air near misses with
commercial flights, I don't see any real -=city=- future for them.
Supposedly limited to under 400', they've been up in landing paths at
2,000'.

There's good and also evil uses for them. If wanted, current maximum
payload is enough to wipe out a city block. OTOH search and rescue,
catastrophe assessment, etc are possible uses too.

On Mail Delivery Victor Manta General Discussion 2 April 18th 15 04:59 AM
mail delivery Sue H Autographs 9 February 13th 09 04:14 AM
Super Mail Delivery Ralphael1 General Discussion 4 January 17th 09 11:38 PM
Mail delivery Ralphael1 General Discussion 15 October 3rd 08 12:29 AM
Bhutan Post tests 'Simputer' for remote e-mail use TC General Discussion 0 March 30th 05 09:44 AM