New soon to be jukebox owner

Old October 19th 08, 01:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
ctsteps5

Default New soon to be jukebox owner

picking up a AMI/Rowe r-83 not working of course. but, where is the
challenge if it was working. so I will have a lots of questions.
first one, I have. owner says when a record plays it either plays
faster or slower then it should? and if you make selection #66 it
plays selection #67??? I have ordered the manual from jeff. Any help
would be greatly appreciarted.

marty
Old October 20th 08, 02:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

On Oct 19, 8:58 am, ctsteps5 wrote:
picking up a AMI/Rowe r-83 not working of course. but, where is the
challenge if it was working. so I will have a lots of questions.
first one, I have. owner says when a record plays it either plays
faster or slower then it should? and if you make selection #66 it
plays selection #67??? I have ordered the manual from jeff. Any help
would be greatly appreciarted.

marty

Oil the turntable motor. If it has the brass tubes fill them full, let
it feed in for 30 minutes then top them off again. If no fill tubes
you will have to drop the motor out of the mounting plate (let it hang
by the wires - don't totally remove it). I do the bottom first and let
it absorb so it doesn't drip back out . Oil it thru the 8 holes around
the bearings, tilting the motor so the oil runs toward the bearing.
On the top oil the 8 holes and put 3 or 4 drops around the shaft.
Don't go heavy on the oil - too much is not good either. Check the 3
rubber mounts that hold the motor - if they are hard or falling apart,
replace them. Put a couple drops of oil on the idler wheel center hole-
DON'T get oil on the rubber . Clean the outer part of the rubber wheel
with some rubbing alcohol. Clean the inside rim of the turntable.
Playing one number off could be a sticky detent assembly or a broken
tooth on the sprag wheel or the basket not alligned right. Could be an
electronic unit - let's hope not. If it has been sitting for a while,
you may play it for a while and the problem goes away. Hope this helps
- post back if you need to.
Ray
Old October 20th 08, 02:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
ctsteps5

On Oct 19, 9:51*pm, Oldtimejuker wrote:
[...]

spoke with the person who looked at it, pin guy like me. he says it
seems to have a memory issue????

marty
Old October 21st 08, 06:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Oldtimejuker

spoke with the person who looked at it, pin guy like me. he says it
seems to have a memory issue????

marty

It has a Ni-Cad battery pack in the black box on the mech They
probably need replacing.
Ray
Old October 22nd 08, 06:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Oldtimejuker wrote:
spoke with the person who looked at it, pin guy like me. he says it
seems to have a memory issue????

marty

It has a Ni-Cad battery pack in the black box on the mech They
probably need replacing.
Ray

TWO battery packs on the R82 and possibly R83 machine! I have pictures
on my battery page:

http://flippers.com/battery.html

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Is this a Good Jukebox? Crosley Full Size Jukebox CR-12-10 [email protected] Juke Boxes 1 May 31st 06 11:18 AM
A proud owner... Larry Louks Coins 5 May 24th 05 02:49 AM
New owner of Wurly 2300S Mike Juke Boxes 2 November 24th 04 08:04 PM
A Proud Owner Ian Coins 3 June 12th 04 04:50 PM