oldie but new

Old February 4th 08, 01:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
chip1057

Default oldie but new

I was a collector way back in the 70's, but now I'm coming back
into collecting stamps. My question is which Stamp Album is
the best to get for US and Worldwide. Thanks.

Chip
Old February 4th 08, 09:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bill Sharpe

chip1057 wrote:
I was a collector way back in the 70's, but now I'm coming back
into collecting stamps. My question is which Stamp Album is
the best to get for US and Worldwide. Thanks.

Chip

I suggest you visit www.stampalbums.com to get some idea of pages that
are available for download and printing at a very reasonable cost. There
are many sample pages available free for you to try out.

Bill
Old February 5th 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bobstamp

"Way back in the 70's...." :-) Seems just like yesterday to me. But,
oops, I'm falling into the trap of thinking that I'm getting old,
which of course is just a state of mind....

Tall order, for a stamp album for both U.S. and worldwide. I think
you'll find that you soon have stamps and other items which just won't
fit into any pre-printed album. There are covers, pairs, blocks,
margin singles, "duplicates" in different shades or with interesting
cancellations, etc. And, of course, no album can include space for all
of the catalogued stamps, and some spaces in printed albums will
forever remain empty because you can't afford or even find the
necessary stamps. I gave up on regular stamp albums when I found that
it was "necessary" to spend good money on some Canadian postage-due
stamps that I thought were really ugly and boring.

My advice is to buy some high-quality stockbooks, which allow you to
add, subtract, and rearrange stamps as necessary. Later on, when some
individual items or sets become your favorites, consider creating your
own album pages on your computer. Here's an example that I completed
recently: http://www.bcphilatelic.org/night_airmail_web.jpg.

Bob
Old February 5th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Bobstamp

Thanks, Sir Rien. My page creation got a real boost with an Apple
program called Pages, part of the iWork suite. Formatting text and
graphics, including dragging, dropping, sizing and editing images, is
a snap, at least compared with any other word processing program I've
ever encountered.

Bob

TDK...another "coldie oldie" DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 1 November 12th 04 12:26 AM
oldie, game info dahoov2 Autographs 0 September 28th 04 03:57 PM
Newbie has oldie book question Bill Jeffrey Books 4 January 8th 04 09:36 AM