(RCSD) Help ID this Princess Diana / AIDS stamp

Old January 28th 08, 07:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Aaron Lawrence

Default (RCSD) Help ID this Princess Diana / AIDS stamp

Hi,

I'm the fellow who runs www.aidsonstamps.com, the topical homepage for
AIDS on stamps. I'm about to add one stamp to our listings, but I
can't figure out what year or what the Scott number is. (I confess, I
don't have ready access to the Scott guides).

Can someone help me ID this stamp? It's part of a souvenier sheet.

http://store.coolstamps.com/imagesrv/882/410456398.jpg

I'm referring to the top-right stamp on the sheet.

Thanks!

--Aaron
Old January 28th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Joshua McGee

Your stamp is issued "by" Union Island of the St. Vincent Grenadines.
Your souvenir sheet is from 2003, and is Scott 269. The AIDS stamp is
269b. The nominal catalogue value in the 2007 edition for the full
souvenir sheet is $6, mint or used, wherein it appears on page 879,
left column, bottom, in the St. Vincent Grenadines. The individual
stamps are not priced.

I would expect that genuinely-used copies would be very difficult to
come by, as these are mostly sold for the topical/thematic collector
market (other releases are birds, butterflies, football [soccer],
Chinese New Year, cars, religion, and other popular topics.) Union
Island has a population that seasonally ranges from 2500 - 3000, and
IMHO have no business being considered a stamp-issuing entity.

- Joshua McGee
http://www.mcgees.org

Old January 28th 08, 10:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Aaron Lawrence

Ask and ye shall receive.

Thank you for all the info. It's way more than I expected.

--Aaron

Princess Diana Joe Books 2 April 6th 05 03:55 AM
Princess Diana Dolls for Sale Donna Dolls 0 June 21st 04 09:23 PM
FA. Princess Diana items on eBay + Other BC and GB John Dines Marketplace 0 June 3rd 04 07:51 PM
Princess Diana Dolls for Sale Donna Dolls 0 January 7th 04 08:05 PM
Princess Diana Dolls For Sale Donna Dolls 0 October 1st 03 09:25 PM