I Love My Cat!

Old February 26th 05, 11:10 PM
Felix

Default I Love My Cat!

Just thought I'd let you all know I love my cat.
He likes to sit on my shoulder and watch while I read.
He seems to prefer non-fiction.
That is all.
Thank you.

Old February 27th 05, 03:19 AM
Monty

"Felix" wrote in message
Just thought I'd let you all know I love my cat.
He likes to sit on my shoulder and watch while I read.
He seems to prefer non-fiction.
That is all.
Thank you.

Great to see another cat lover.

Mine likes to sit between me and my keyboard whenever I work at my
computer.

When he wants to go outside he sits at the front door, "Meow, let me out".
So I get up to open the door. As soon as I close the door he turns around,
"Meow, let me in". So I let him in. Immediately, "Meow, let me in". And
so it goes on. I'm sure he's doing for my benefit to get exercise.

Old February 27th 05, 12:44 PM
Bob

"Monty" wrote
Mine likes to sit between me and my keyboard whenever I work at my
computer.

My cat likes that trick too.
He also likes to jump on my lap while I'm reading something.

--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Old February 27th 05, 01:24 PM
Bob

Just to bring this thread on topic: is it REALLY a used book store if it doesn't
have at least 1 cat in residence?

--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Old February 27th 05, 04:42 PM
paghat

In article , "Bob"
wrote:

Just to bring this thread on topic: is it REALLY a used book store if it

doesn't
have at least 1 cat in residence?

Often that smell is the owner, not a catbox, so while a cat isn't
necessary for a used bookstore, the smell of one apparently is.

However, it could be argued that it is a COWARDLY bookstore owner who for
liability reasons fails to retain a properly ill-tempered cat that
scratches or bites patrons with fair regularity.

The ferocity of the cat effects the quality of the stock. Stores that have
been forced to post warnings about a cat's bad temper usually have great
stock.

The best cat was at Seattle's old Crucible Books 25 years ago. It would
lie in wait from a high shelf, & leap down upon patrons. The unsuspecting
would thrash about yelling in surprised terror & so got their necks all
scratched up. Those who expected it could have a loudly purring cat ride
about on their shoulders during the full length of their visit.

But has anyone else noticed how bookstores that have, instead of a cat, a
small neurotic dog, have a tendency to stock primarily exlibs & most of
those on religious topics?

-paghat the ratgirl
--
Get your Paghat the Ratgirl T-Shirt he
http://www.paghat.com/giftshop.html
Old February 27th 05, 07:53 PM
Jim Foyle

"Bob" wrote in message
"Monty" wrote
Mine likes to sit between me and my keyboard whenever I work at my
computer.

My cat likes that trick too.
He also likes to jump on my lap while I'm reading something.

My cat is an unaltered Tom, and Spring is here...

A Tom he would a-wooing go,
Meow, Meow.
A Tom he would a-wooing go
Whether his mother would let him or no.
Meow, R-r-rowr, Meow.

He shows up now and then for food.

Old February 27th 05, 11:12 PM
Jim Foyle

"Bob Smith" wrote in message
cats are the best meat for oriental dishes

cats make great shotgun targets

other than that, they ain't much good for nothin'

Oh no, not at all. Cats used to be used as targets by archers. The cat was
hung alive by its tail from a support. Then the archers would have at it.
It's the origin of the expression "swing a cat by the tail."

Old February 28th 05, 01:13 AM
Bob Smith

Old February 28th 05, 01:12 PM
Bob

"Jim Foyle" wrote
My cat is an unaltered Tom, and Spring is here...

Very irresponible of you.
There are already too many unwanted cats, you are just contributing to the
problem.
Get your cat neutered and, for his own safety, keep him indoors.
--
Bob Finnan
http://bobfinnan.com

Old March 1st 05, 03:09 AM
Bob Smith

There are already too many unwanted cats

Chow Lin, owner of the Peking Moon restaurant, disagrees with the above
statement.