A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Wurlitzer 3700 era parts needed for a 1050

Old October 29th 20, 05:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]
external usenet poster

Default Wurlitzer 3700 era parts needed for a 1050

Working on a machine that has been butchered and need a few odd parts.
If you have a parts mech these parts are not normally worn or broken. 3700 mech model 1050.

Manual info:
Page 36C Item 13 part # 137911 spring, Clamp lever
Page 38C Item 13 part # 137977 lever and clamp assembly
Page 38C Item 14 part # 138033 spring, record release
Page 43C item 39 Part # 128520 spring, record clamp
Page 43C item 40 part # 133434 record clamp and pin assembly

The springs are touchy, the two have to work together, but separately if that makes any sense. These have been mangled, shortened, stretched...

I can also copy manual pages to point out the parts and email it to you if it will help.

Thanks!
Tony Miklos

Ads
Old October 29th 20, 07:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

On 2020/10/29 9:33 a.m., Tony wrote:
If you have a parts mech these parts are not normally worn or broken. 3700 mech model 1050.

Manual info:

The springs are touchy, the two have to work together, but separately if that makes any sense. These have been mangled, shortened, stretched...

I can also copy manual pages to point out the parts and email it to you if it will help.

Thanks!
Tony Miklos

Hi Tony,

I have the record clamp:

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/inde...&search=133434

and can take a look if I have the springs on one of my wrecks. If you
can send the page number for these spring that will help!

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Old October 30th 20, 06:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 2:41:10 PM UTC-4, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/10/29 9:33 a.m., Tony wrote:

Manual info:

Thanks!
Tony Miklos

Hi Tony,

I have the record clamp:

https://flippers.com/catalog_oc/inde...&search=133434

and can take a look if I have the springs on one of my wrecks. If you
can send the page number for these spring that will help!

Hi John, I did list the page numbers up above. They are from a 1050 manual but I don't know if the page numbers are the same for a 3700 manual?

Tony
Sorry for the google groups post, I don't know if it works the same as "real" usenet.
Old March 21st 21, 01:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ronald Miller
external usenet poster

Hey, Tony.................. I'd like to ask you about my Wurlitzer 1050, (Sonata), box because I know
you have worked on a few in the past:

My box keeps repeating the "B" side of every record. When a B side is placed on the turntable, I can
see a coil armature energizing in an attempt to push the pin back down, (underneath the record
carousel), but when it hits the actuator, (which hits the selection pin), the other side of the actuator
appears to begin to slip out of its housing and the pin doesn't get pushed back down. I don't see any
way this actuator gets housed. It looks like a 2-inch long flat piece of metal approx 1/4 inch wide
and gets struck by a coil that gets energized when the B-side gets placed on the turntable. I can
see it happening when I get on my knees and watch by peeking underneath the carousel of records.
How does and where does this piece attach to it's housing?

Thanks for any help you can offer me! John, if you have any answers, I'm all ears. I already have the
manual, but, (as usual), this area is not covered, only a parts number is given.

Ron Miller
Old March 22nd 21, 02:14 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

On 2021/03/21 5:02 a.m., Ronald Miller wrote:
Hey, Tony.................. I'd like to ask you about my Wurlitzer 1050, (Sonata), box because I know

My box keeps repeating the "B" side of every record. When a B side is placed on the turntable, I can
see a coil armature energizing in an attempt to push the pin back down, (underneath the record
carousel), but when it hits the actuator, (which hits the selection pin), the other side of the actuator
appears to begin to slip out of its housing and the pin doesn't get pushed back down. I don't see any
way this actuator gets housed. It looks like a 2-inch long flat piece of metal approx 1/4 inch wide
and gets struck by a coil that gets energized when the B-side gets placed on the turntable. I can
see it happening when I get on my knees and watch by peeking underneath the carousel of records.

Thanks for any help you can offer me! John, if you have any answers, I'm all ears. I already have the
manual, but, (as usual), this area is not covered, only a parts number is given.

Ron Miller

Hi Ron,

You need the 3700 (not the 3800) manual which covers the electrical and
audio of the 1050. Also the large foldout sheet for the 3710 should work
- it has the sequence of operations, which is really handy.

The B side of the pin cancel assembly may have a problem, can you email
me some photos of the assembly? I have parts for that unit.

--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Old March 23rd 21, 01:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony[_4_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 8:02:17 AM UTC-4, Ronald Miller wrote:

Ron Miller

Can someone tell me if this post shows up (test 3)
Tony Miklos
Old March 23rd 21, 02:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Idlehands
external usenet poster

On 22/03/2021 6:48 p.m., Tony wrote:

Ron Miller

Tony Miklos

I can see it.

--

Old March 23rd 21, 02:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, March 22, 2021 at 9:04:45 PM UTC-4, Idlehands wrote:

Ron Miller

Tony Miklos

I can see it.

--

Old March 23rd 21, 02:30 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tony Miklos[_3_]
external usenet poster

Ron Miller

Tony Miklos

I can see it.

--

Thank You. I need to figure out how to make this work through Thunderbird and not googles website.
Old March 23rd 21, 08:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

On 2021/03/22 6:30 p.m., Tony Miklos wrote:

Ron Miller

Tony Miklos

I can see it.

--

Thank You. I need to figure out how to make this work through Thunderbird and not googles website.

Hi Tony,

There is a test Usenet site for this sort of thing... try alt.test

"I see nothing, Colonel Hogan!"

I'm using giganews on Thunderbird (mac) - if you are having trouble with
the settings just send me a note!

ACCOUNT SETTINGS

Server Type: News Server (NNTP)

Server Name: (your news server) Port: 119 (Default 119)

Connection Security: None (usually works)

Server Settings (set what you want)

Message Storage

Message Store Type: File per folder (mbox)

News.rc File (select - usually something like /Users/(your computer
name)/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/default.emc/News/newsrc-news.giga

Local Directory: /Users/(your computer
name)/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles/default.emc/News/news.giganews.com

Default Text Encoding: Western ISO-8859-1

Those are essentially my settings, modify per your computer.