Rockola 464 record rack not rotating

Old July 4th 16, 03:27 PM
Bsplit Bsplit is offline
Junior Member

Default Rockola 464 record rack not rotating

I just returned a rockola 464 to service after setting in my garage for a couple of years. I played about 50 records, and everything went well. Now, for some reason, when I select a record, the device to the right of the turntable changes position and the turntable turns, but it will not pick up a record.

The record rack to the left of the turntable is not rotating ....I think that might be the problem.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,
Jim

Old July 6th 16, 07:48 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Lipsett

on the selector disk to the right of the turntable manually throw one of the record switches on it and see if the record is selected and plays
Old July 6th 16, 07:52 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Lipsett

the inside arm selects records the outside rotates with the record rack and deselts the switches for the records but if the record switch is not moved to begin with then no record is chosen. want to find out if manual selection works ok first by just throwing one opf the levers
Old July 8th 16, 03:29 PM
Bsplit Bsplit is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lipsett View Post
the inside arm selects records the outside rotates with the record rack and deselts the switches for the records but if the record switch is not moved to begin with then no record is chosen. want to find out if manual selection works ok first by just throwing one opf the levers
I manually moved the little levers on the outside of the selection disc and still nothing happened. It seems to move to the selected number on the disc, but the record rack never rotates
Old July 8th 16, 10:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Lipsett

when you use the scan lever to the left of the turn table does the rack turn? it is spring loaded for the scan position and has two static positions of off and oper I just want to know if the rack will turn manually by using that switch. if it does it is a possibility that the switch ahs a broken wire in the oper direction. if it does not move then check if the motor gets power to rotate the rack and if it does and doesn't move then the motor might be burn't out
Old July 9th 16, 03:32 AM
Bsplit Bsplit is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lipsett View Post
when you use the scan lever to the left of the turn table does the rack turn? it is spring loaded for the scan position and has two static positions of off and oper I just want to know if the rack will turn manually by using that switch. if it does it is a possibility that the switch ahs a broken wire in the oper direction. if it does not move then check if the motor gets power to rotate the rack and if it does and doesn't move then the motor might be burn't out
I pushed the scan button, and the record rack does not move....it is locked in place.....everything works except that.

Thanks,
Jim
Old July 18th 16, 12:59 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Lipsett

so how has the project been going? is it fully functional yet?
Old July 28th 16, 12:51 PM
Bsplit Bsplit is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lipsett View Post
so how has the project been going? is it fully functional yet?
Thanks for checking back with me. I have been on vacation and just rechecked this forum.
Whatever locks the record magazine after it stops, is not releasing. The magazine won't budge when trying to turn by hand....it's locked in place.

Jim
Old July 29th 16, 02:51 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert Lipsett

not 100 percent sure of that exact rack but all the models I have seen with that design is driven by the motor itself and if the motor is jammed or frozen that is usually the reason why things wont move. have you tried turning the shaft of the motor itself. I had a problem once with the gripper motor of my jukebox and when I turned the shaft hard by hand it broke loose and started working