web based Scott catalog for download or subscription ?

Old August 8th 11, 07:06 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
bilsch

Default web based Scott catalog for download or subscription ?

Hello,

I have a stamp collection to sell on eBay. I need current Scott prices for
a pricing baseline. I don't want to purchase a huge hardcopy catalog book.
I'm hoping there's a way I can subscribe to an online database of scott
numbers, current prices and other information. Or download the catalog or
parts of it for a price. I've been looking for something like that using
my browser but so far I haven't found anything. Does anyone here know where
I can get what I'm looking for?

TIA Bill S.

Old August 8th 11, 10:53 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"bilsch" wrote in message
Hello,

I have a stamp collection to sell on eBay. I need current Scott prices
for a pricing baseline. I don't want to purchase a huge hardcopy catalog
book. I'm hoping there's a way I can subscribe to an online database of
scott numbers, current prices and other information. Or download the
catalog or parts of it for a price. I've been looking for something like
that using my browser but so far I haven't found anything. Does anyone
here know where I can get what I'm looking for?

TIA Bill S.

"Andy Pastuszak" wrote in message
I got an email from a Scott/Amos rep telling me that there would be an
online version of the catalog later this year.

HTH

--
Victor Manta, PWO, AIJP

Philatelic Webmasters Organization: http://pwmo.org/
Art on Stamps: http://artonstamps.org/
Romania by Stamps: http://marci-postale.com/

Old August 8th 11, 04:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Billns

On 8/7/2011 11:06 PM, bilsch wrote:
Hello,

I have a stamp collection to sell on eBay. I need current Scott prices for
a pricing baseline. I don't want to purchase a huge hardcopy catalog book.
I'm hoping there's a way I can subscribe to an online database of scott
numbers, current prices and other information. Or download the catalog or
parts of it for a price. I've been looking for something like that using
my browser but so far I haven't found anything. Does anyone here know where
I can get what I'm looking for?

TIA Bill S.

Scott's last electronic catalogs were for 2009. These were PDF versions
of the printed catalogs. As mentioned, an online version is promised
later this year. Until then, Rien's suggestion about visiting your local
library is a good alternative.

Depending on the size and quality of your collection for sale you may
not need or want catalog prices for your stamps.

Bill

Old August 9th 11, 11:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"bilsch" wrote in message
Do you know where I can find the 2009 PDF version ?

TIA

You can eventually start from he

http://www.amosadvantage.com/scotton...N_catcdfaq.asp

Free sources for actual selling prices are sites like eBay and Delcampe.