1940's Wurlitzer lock needed

Old February 18th 11, 05:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

Default 1940's Wurlitzer lock needed

I am in need of an original lock for a Wurlitzer 800 lower front
door. The lock should accept a RW75 "W" shaped Wurlitzer key. The
length of the lock is approximately 1.5 inches. I would appreciate
hearing from you if you have a surplus one you are willing to part
with. With thanks, John (Alberta, Canada)
Old February 18th 11, 08:26 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Kim

On Feb 18, 12:13*pm, John Ross wrote:
I am in need of an original lock for a Wurlitzer 800 lower front
door. *The lock should accept a RW75 "W" shaped Wurlitzer key. The
length of the lock is approximately 1.5 inches. *I would appreciate
hearing from you if you have a surplus one you are willing to part
with. With thanks, John (Alberta, Canada)

Hi John, If your looking for a lock for your Wurlitzer 800 lower front
door it should be a LF50 lock. The upper door would be a TF25. The
RW75 lock went in the 1015, 1080, and 1100.
Old February 19th 11, 05:28 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Ross

On Feb 18, 1:26*pm, Kim wrote:
On Feb 18, 12:13*pm, John Ross wrote:

I am in need of an original lock for a Wurlitzer 800 lower front
door. *The lock should accept a RW75 "W" shaped Wurlitzer key. The
length of the lock is approximately 1.5 inches. *I would appreciate
hearing from you if you have a surplus one you are willing to part
with. With thanks, John (Alberta, Canada)

Hi John, If your looking for a lock for your Wurlitzer 800 lower front
door it should be a LF50 lock. The upper door would be a TF25. The
RW75 lock went in the 1015, 1080, and 1100.

Greetings Kim,
Thanks very much for the info. I assumed that Wurlitzer used the
same RW75 lock for all their 40's machines.
In past years I have restored a 750, 1015 and 1100. All had RW75
locks.
With your info I now suspect that an operator in bygone era must have
retrofitted the 750 with the RW75 lock, perhaps to minimize the number
of different keys needed for various machines along his route?
The locks on the 800 I'm now restoring were drilled out by a previous
owner. I've already installed a RW75 lock in the upper door, from my
odds & sods supply, but don't have a second one.
So I'm hoping that a fellow subscriber to this newsgroup night have a
surplus lock for me?
In appreciation,
john