V200 problems

Old October 20th 08, 07:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default V200 problems

Hello These may be well documented but I have 2 problems with my V.
The first is after a song ends there is a sound like waves on the
beach. I thought it may be a plug not seated properly.By the way I
stupidly touched a 6L6 valve and pretty much removed my
fingerprints.Those things are HOT. Second problem the damn latch
solenoid is annoying.It is not super loud when energised but loud
enough to be heard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark.
Old October 20th 08, 10:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

On Oct 21, 3:43*am, John Robertson wrote:
wrote:
Hello These may be well documented but I have 2 problems with my V.
The first is after a song ends there is a sound like waves on the
beach. I thought it may be a plug not seated properly.By the way I
stupidly touched a 6L6 valve and pretty much removed my
fingerprints.Those things are HOT. Second problem *the damn latch
solenoid is annoying.It is not super loud when energised but loud
enough to be heard. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark.

Your first noise is probably motor noise - the rubber coupling between
the motor and the drive shaft, the motor mounts, and the small rubbers
inside the turntable drum - one or all of them has hardened up and need
to be replaced.

The machine was not designed to be left on free play - so the noise is
not unexpected. I recommend that you disconnect the solenoid to avoid
overheating and then you simply press both buttons at the same time to
make a selection.

John :-#)#

--
* * (Please post followups or tech inquiries to the newsgroup)
* John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9

Thank you for your prompt reply. The surf noise I mentioned only
happens at the end of the song and fades after 5 to 10 seconds. Also
my machine is on coin. Can I disconnect the latch bar solenoid ? All
the best, Mark.
Old October 22nd 08, 05:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

wrote:
[...]

Hi Mark,

You normally do not hear motor noise during music passages as it is
drowned out, however once the record gets to the silent leadout grove
then the AVC circuit (if hooked up) will amplify any residual noise -
this might even be record hiss. Often operators simply unplugged the
AVC/AGC (Automatic Volume Control/Automatic Gain Control) tube to turn
that function off.

Of course then some records will be louder than others for the same
volume control setting.

You can disconnect the latch solenoid if it annoys you. Simply
disconnect the side of the coil with only one wire going to it -
unsolder it is best, then wrap the exposed end of wire with tape and
secure it safely out of the way so it can't slip and short out something.

John :-#)#
www.flippers.com

Seeburg V200, stepper problems EmTee Juke Boxes 1 October 15th 08 01:54 PM
Needed: Seeburg V200 or VL200 drum and other V200 parts Nimko Juke Boxes 0 June 1st 08 12:11 PM
Seeburg V200 dual price module problems E M F Juke Boxes 0 February 26th 07 03:55 AM
V200 conversion Wayne Juke Boxes 1 June 24th 04 02:30 AM
v200 robert young Juke Boxes 0 September 23rd 03 08:42 AM