(RCSD) A new supplementary forum: My Philately

Old February 2nd 08, 06:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

Default (RCSD) A new supplementary forum: My Philately

RCSD is a fantastic forum. Due to its faithful and dedicated participants
you can quickly seek information and advice here, announce new sites or
events and have a good discussion on any philatelic subject. I am grateful
for being able to use RCSD on and off and I hope it will be there for me in
the future.

But what do you do if you want to go a little deeper, show objects from your
collection or feel the need to have a little group in order to discuss a
specialized subject.

Until recently I did not know where to go - apart from of course my Danish
clubs' internet pages which are excellent, but in Danish only and not
covering non-Danish subjects. They have their limits.

I found My Philately: http://www.myphilately.com which I can really
recommend. Try use its search function on a country and you will surely find
a collector or two whom you may contact. The forum already has world wide
participation. You can form a group on your specialty and invite other
collectors to join.

What is nice is that the forum is not yet cast in stone. Its administrator
listens to your problems, makes changes if he feels they are warranted and
give advice on how to proceed. In other words: An excellent supplement to
RCSD. Try it. You will not regret it. I haven't.

Greetings

Svend

Old February 2nd 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Svend

"Sir F. A. Rien" wrote in message
"Svend" found these unused words:

RCSD is a fantastic forum. Due to its faithful and dedicated participants
you can quickly seek information and advice here, announce new sites or
events and have a good discussion on any philatelic subject. I am grateful
for being able to use RCSD on and off and I hope it will be there for me
in
the future.

But what do you do if you want to go a little deeper, show objects from
your
collection or feel the need to have a little group in order to discuss a
specialized subject.

Among other sources, there are many specialized groups on Yahoo.

Some half dozen (or more) just for the early GB issues, Publications and
"DodgyDealers".

Thank you Sir

I do not collect UK or rather I do collect UK but only on newspaper wrappers
from before 1900 and that as part of a global collection. My Philately has
turned out to be very helpful because I find surprisingly many countries
represented in that forum. From Norway to Malaysia; from Scotland to
Nigeria; from France to China. It is really amazing. I'll check out the
dodgy dealers. Sounds interesting/ Svend