German/Danish Handwriting

Old January 26th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Default German/Danish Handwriting

I'm having trouble reading the first word on the
second line of this return address on an internment
camp cover. The sender is German.

See http://www.jaypex.com/Denmark/Camps/Address.jpg.

Does anyone recognize the word?

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

Old January 26th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

I think I got most of it - V???flyvepladsen. Possibly
the word begins Vand.... Is Vandflyvepladsen the name
of anything near Aalborg?

In article PcKmj.2705$yE1.25@attbi_s21, says...

Old January 26th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Good guess, and also correct, Jay. Seefliegerhorst, Aalborg.
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandflyveplads

In Dansih only.
However, I found this link on Wiki Germany, maybe of more interest ;-)
Mette

Old January 26th 08, 11:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Mette

Oops, seemingly forgot to paste the corresponding German link: link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaplan...rhorst_Aalborg

Seefliegerhorst, Aalborg.
http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandflyveplads

Here is the corresponding German link:

Old January 27th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Jay T. Carrigan

Thanks, Mette. That helps a lot. As you might guess, I've
finally started to work on my collection of internment camp
mail. It's quite possible I'll have a few morw questions.

Jay Carrigan change domain to mchsi
www.jaypex.com

In article ,
says...

Oops, seemingly forgot to paste the corresponding German link: link:
k...

Handwriting jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 1 December 30th 05 04:12 PM
Handwriting jeffdanz Pens & Pencils 2 December 30th 05 03:02 PM
on handwriting Juan Pens & Pencils 68 May 11th 04 03:58 AM
Danish and German stamps Bjørn Eriksen Marketplace 0 February 13th 04 04:23 PM
Danish and German stamps Bjørn Eriksen Marketplace 0 February 13th 04 04:21 PM