SWITZERLAND SG63 15c YELLOW

Old January 19th 08, 06:59 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David Hicks[_2_]

Default SWITZERLAND SG63 15c YELLOW

Hi Folk

I have found a used copy of the above in an old album.

My question is , although you can see the basics of the design, it is not as
clear to the eye as the other colours

Is this standard for this stamp, or should it have a crisp design as per the
other colours please ?

Many thanks

David

Old January 19th 08, 02:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Blair (TC)

On Jan 19, 1:59 am, "David Hicks" wrote:
Hi Folk

I have found a used copy of the above in an old album.

My question is , although you can see the basics of the design, it is not as
clear to the eye as the other colours

Is this standard for this stamp, or should it have a crisp design as per the
other colours please ?

Many thanks

David

Could you post a scan for us to see, please?
You can post it for free at www.cjoint.com

Blair
Old January 22nd 08, 02:10 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On 19 Jan, 15:32, "Blair (TC)" wrote:
On Jan 19, 1:59 am, "David Hicks" wrote:

Hi Folk

I have found a used copy of the above in an old album.

My question is , although you can see the basics of the design, it is not as
clear to the eye as the other colours

Is this standard for this stamp, or should it have a crisp design as per the
other colours please ?

Many thanks

David

Could you post a scan for us to see, please?
You can post it for free atwww.cjoint.com

Blair

Well, here is a scan of mine: http://cjoint.com/data/bwc64uKBh6.htm
But the scan is a much brighter yellow than in real life where it has
faded to a barely discernible yellowish wash. I can't say whether they
were born that way or whether this is due to soaking or age. Does
anyone have a mint one? I've seen the same problem making out designs
on yellow stamps from other postal administrations.

Chris
Old January 22nd 08, 02:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Does anyone have a mint one? I've seen the same problem making out designs
on yellow stamps from other postal administrations.
Chris

Indeed, esp if the stamp colour is a singleton,
same as problems when names or value tablets
appear in gold.

Old January 22nd 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

Does anyone have a mint one?
Chris

Here's a mint issue of mine, but a later Catalogue number,
just perhaps as a comparison.
http://cjoint.com/data/bwdGTl1rxb.htm
Rod.

Old January 24th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
George

On Jan 21, 8:34�pm, "rodney" wrote:
Does anyone have a mint one?
Chris

Here's a mint issue of mine, but a later Catalogue number,
just perhaps as a comparison.http://cjoint.com/data/bwdGTl1rxb.htm
Rod.

Here are two examples of the "Standing Helvetia" yellow from my
collection. They both are yellow, but the mint, imperf is really
intense yellow.

http://www.georgestamps.org/images/gp_sw_yellow.jpg

Goerge
Old January 24th 08, 11:19 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
David Hicks[_2_]

Sorry Guys, been away on business since I posted

I could scan and submit, but it will look just as others already posted.

But the detail is not clear to the naked eye, it just becomes as if it was
washed or similar, looks OK on a scan

David

FA: green pink yellow & amber depression glass, Dozens of Depression Glass shakers Jadite, Platonite, green, pink, yellow & blue!, (if I missed a color let me know!) collectible playing cards & card games .&, Lenox , costume jewelry, queenoftheinternetauctions General 0 December 30th 06 11:25 PM
Switzerland tickets Reto Football (US) 0 December 19th 05 06:32 PM
Switzerland K. Patrick Laffin General Discussion 3 June 4th 04 01:51 AM
Switzerland 302 Elma Steinmayer General Discussion 2 December 14th 03 02:03 AM
Switzerland Darren Coins 6 October 11th 03 02:28 PM