A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Wulitzer 2 - Sound Problem



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 18th 20, 04:41 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Dao Clarke
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Wulitzer 2 - Sound Problem

We just bought a Wurlitzer 2, and the sound of the music is very muffled. We don't understand it. When we were at the seller's home, it sounded great, then we moved it home, and the sound is very muffled. We called a Wurlitzer repair guy, and he said it would cost $300 for him to come out. I think it's ridiculous. If anyone can help us with this issue, please help. We welcome any input. Thanks.
Ads
  #2  
Old August 18th 20, 07:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 901
Default Wulitzer 2 - Sound Problem

On 2020/08/18 8:41 a.m., Dao Clarke wrote:
We just bought a Wurlitzer 2, and the sound of the music is very muffled. We don't understand it. When we were at the seller's home, it sounded great, then we moved it home, and the sound is very muffled. We called a Wurlitzer repair guy, and he said it would cost $300 for him to come out. I think it's ridiculous. If anyone can help us with this issue, please help. We welcome any input. Thanks.


I'm afraid there is no Wurlitzer 2 model. There should be a metal plate
on the back of the machine with the model number. It is usually a four
digit number.

Then we can start guessing as to what common problems are with your mode
machine.

John :-#)#
--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd.
MOVED to #7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
  #3  
Old August 30th 20, 07:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jay Hennigan[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4
Default Wulitzer 2 - Sound Problem

On 8/18/20 11:30, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/08/18 8:41 a.m., Dao Clarke wrote:
We just bought a Wurlitzer 2, and the sound of the music is very
muffled.* We don't understand it. When we were at the seller's home,
it sounded great, then we moved it home, and the sound is very
muffled. We called a Wurlitzer repair guy, and he said it would cost
$300 for him to come out. I think it's ridiculous.* If anyone can help
us with this issue, please help.* We welcome any input.* Thanks.


I'm afraid there is no Wurlitzer 2 model. There should be a metal plate
on the back of the machine with the model number. It is usually a four
digit number.


I suspect it's an Americana II, model 3200. If I had to guess, stylus
has a dustball and/or amplifier needs to be rebuilt and/or several
decades of dust between speakers and grille got disturbed, especially if
the box got put on its back. Cartridge could also have given up the
ghost. Also check and operate the bass and treble controls on the
amplifier.

Depending on travel time and the diagnosis, $300 could be reasonable to
fix it, but does seem a bit steep just to have a look at it.
  #4  
Old August 31st 20, 07:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
neteffectr
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Wulitzer 2 - Sound Problem

On Sunday, August 30, 2020 at 1:58:37 PM UTC-5, Jay Hennigan wrote:
On 8/18/20 11:30, John Robertson wrote:
On 2020/08/18 8:41 a.m., Dao Clarke wrote:
We just bought a Wurlitzer 2, and the sound of the music is very
muffled. We don't understand it. When we were at the seller's home,
it sounded great, then we moved it home, and the sound is very
muffled. We called a Wurlitzer repair guy, and he said it would cost
$300 for him to come out. I think it's ridiculous. If anyone can help
us with this issue, please help. We welcome any input. Thanks.


I'm afraid there is no Wurlitzer 2 model. There should be a metal plate
on the back of the machine with the model number. It is usually a four
digit number.

I suspect it's an Americana II, model 3200. If I had to guess, stylus
has a dustball and/or amplifier needs to be rebuilt and/or several
decades of dust between speakers and grille got disturbed, especially if
the box got put on its back. Cartridge could also have given up the
ghost. Also check and operate the bass and treble controls on the
amplifier.

Depending on travel time and the diagnosis, $300 could be reasonable to
fix it, but does seem a bit steep just to have a look at it.



Perhaps it's a Wurlitzer Niagara 2.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rockola 491-1 sound problem speck7 Juke Boxes 1 September 19th 08 02:53 AM
LPC Sound Problem The Doctor Juke Boxes 1 March 10th 08 12:38 AM
Rowe R-91 sound problem diverdwn Juke Boxes 12 March 2nd 05 09:33 AM
r-91 sound problem diverdwn Juke Boxes 6 February 12th 05 02:02 AM
Rockola 430 sound problem Rabbit in Headlights Juke Boxes 1 November 18th 04 01:18 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 CollectingBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.