Good morning fellow ANA members

Old October 7th 11, 10:34 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Will[_3_]

Default Good morning fellow ANA members

On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:06:59 -0500, "Greg Lyon" wrote:

This was released by the ANA this afternoon:

Following is a statement issued Thursday, Oct. 6, by the American Numismatic
Association Board of Governors in response to recent statements by former
ANA Executive Director Larry Shepherd.

"The former ANA Executive Director and others recently released statements
regarding his termination. The Governors of the American Numismatic
Association have made every effort to take the high road and not air a
private personnel matter. We thought it best to promptly move on.

This is a travesty and an gross injustice. It is time to form a new
breakaway association. I'm gonna look into this. Who needs to ANA
anyway?

Old October 7th 11, 10:47 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
PeterD

On 10/7/2011 5:34 PM, Will wrote:
On Thu, 6 Oct 2011 22:06:59 -0500, "Greg wrote:

This was released by the ANA this afternoon:

Following is a statement issued Thursday, Oct. 6, by the American Numismatic
Association Board of Governors in response to recent statements by former
ANA Executive Director Larry Shepherd.

"The former ANA Executive Director and others recently released statements
regarding his termination. The Governors of the American Numismatic
Association have made every effort to take the high road and not air a
private personnel matter. We thought it best to promptly move on.

This is a travesty and an gross injustice. It is time to form a new
breakaway association. I'm gonna look into this. Who needs to ANA
anyway?

OK, let's call it the lite version of ANA... So our name will be ANAL,
which works out just fine.

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old October 8th 11, 01:52 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Joe[_5_]

"PeterD" wrote in message
On 10/7/2011 5:34 PM, Will wrote:
[...]

Make your little jokes all you want, but Larry Sheperd is not a victim here,
despite the disinformation campaign being put on by his cheerleaders and
new employer, Harlan J. Berk. I dare say that the decision by the ANA Board
is a decision that would have been made by nearly all of you who are
employers yourselves.

Old October 8th 11, 02:29 AM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Mal Kurin

"Joe" wrote in message

Make your little jokes all you want, but Larry Sheperd is not a victim
here, despite the disinformation campaign being put on by his
cheerleaders and new employer, Harlan J. Berk. I dare say that the
decision by the ANA Board is a decision that would have been made by
nearly all of you who are employers yourselves.

Reveal whatever you may know so that everyone can share in the information,
if indeed you know anything. If not, just say that as well and we'll know
you're only expressing your own opinions like the rest of us. Remember the
legal presumption of innocence? Larry need not defend himself against
non-publicized charges under the umbrella of "confidential HR information,"
or however it is being phrased. He has the presumption as innocent until
proven guilty, IMHO. if the U.S. Constitution still applies, even to the ANA
Board of Governors

Old October 8th 11, 02:46 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Some Guy[_2_]

"Mal Kurin" wrote in message
He has the presumption as innocent until proven guilty, IMHO. if the U.S.
Constitution still applies, even to the ANA Board of Governors

This is a civil matter, not a criminal one. Your Constitutional interpretation
skill is, to say the least, poor.

Old October 8th 11, 03:33 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
PeterD

On 10/7/2011 9:29 PM, Mal Kurin wrote:
if the U.S.
Constitution still applies, even to the ANA Board of Governors

Guess you missed the part where BO declared the constitution a useless
piece of scrap paper, too!

--
I'm never going to grow up.
Old October 8th 11, 04:19 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Gary[_4_]

On Oct 8, 9:33*am, PeterD wrote:
On 10/7/2011 9:29 PM, Mal Kurin wrote:

*if the U.S.
Constitution still applies, even to the ANA Board of Governors

Guess you missed the part where BO declared the constitution a useless
piece of scrap paper, too!

--
I'm never going to grow up.

That was George W. Bush that described the Constitutuion as
a "just a goddamned piece of paper."

http://whitehouser.com/politics/bush...iece-of-paper/
Old October 8th 11, 11:54 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Scott[_8_]

"PeterD" wrote in message
On 10/7/2011 5:34 PM, Will wrote:
[...]

The problem is that this statement does not say anything of substance. It
did say that Shepherd hired legal counsel who suggested that Shepherd was
defamed. In response to that, the Board said that they made "an effort to
avoid a rancorous, public discussion on personnel matters which are normally
best left private." If so, then why issue a statement?

The statement says that the Board "ended" their employment relationship with
Shepherd yet seems to be concerned that Harlan Berk's statement said
Shepherd was fired. However, a person does not have to be a rocket scientist
to know that after it was announced Shepherd was put on leave during an
investigation and then his employment was "ended" to put the two events
together to guess he was fired. In fact, my post on that day was "ANA Fires
Shepherd."

Again, this statement does not say anything of substance. But it appears
that the Board feels they have to defend themselves. If the Board did not do
anything wrong, what are they defending? Then to have Cliff Mishler, past
president and current governor, make a statement, it makes them appear like
they are trying to hide something.

What are the ANA Board of Governors hiding?

The ANA released their statement, Harlan Berk had his say, then Shepherd
responded. Everyone vented and that should be enough. Why did the Board of
Directors have to respond? What are they hiding?

The Board's statement concludes:

It is most unfortunate that Mr. Shepherd has resorted to a public discussion
that the ANA cannot comment upon, instead of moving forward in a dignified
manner. We are deeply saddened by his decision. Rather than dwell on past
mistakes, the ANA will move forward and fulfill its educational mission to
serve the best interests of the entire numismatic community.

If you do not want to "dwell on past mistakes," then just SHUT UP!

Old October 8th 11, 11:59 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
Scott[_8_]

"Some Guy" wrote in message
LS is not on trial by the government, he got canned from his job with the
ANA for reason or reasons unknown.
If he had an employment contract, he has recourse to the civil courts.

When Shepherd says that he offered to take a lie detector test regarding the
charges then I am suspicious over the condition of this action.

Questioning the Board of an organization I pay dues to is not only my right
but an obligation. Just because they are the Board with allegedly
confidential information does not mean I have to agree with their action nor
does it mean I have to sit idly by when I feel the Board was wrong based on
public evidence.

Given the recent history of the ANA Board of Governors and executive
directors, questioning their action on my soapbox is the least I can do!

Old October 10th 11, 09:42 PM posted to alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins
James E. Morrow

In article , says...

snip

OK, let's call it the lite version of ANA... So our name will be ANAL,
which works out just fine.

Well this method works our really well for Frank.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to:

Really good deals from an honest fellow on Ebay Capnbidwell[_2_] Coins 0 December 5th 10 12:39 AM
discount on needles to fellow group members jukebox man Juke Boxes 3 March 2nd 08 05:29 PM
A little good will toward your fellow man (or woman) will yield POSITIVE RESULTS! end1ess Paper Money 0 January 28th 07 03:40 AM
Non ANA Members Jorg Lueke Coins 33 October 27th 04 04:07 AM
PR: ANA Honors 75-,60- and 50-Year Members and Clubs in Baltimore ANA Coins 0 August 6th 03 07:46 PM