Danish numerical cancellations

Old June 4th 05, 04:12 PM
DROGER Jean-Paul

Default Danish numerical cancellations

Hello!

I am again in the first issues of Danish stamps, I bough last year in
June!
I have now many stamps with numerical cancellations (number 1 to more
then 200) and I have only Facit catalog (special 2003) that gives a
value for such cancelation, but only on "Fire RBS" stamps; the list
ends with number 173.

My questions: does it exist Onlinesome informations about this
cancellation or does it exist a catalogue I could perhaps buy (not easy
in France)? My questions a
- does it exist only one type of cancelation?
- does the number mean always the same town or postkontor, I have such
cancellation till 1882 Vappentyp issue (and official stamps)
- how are those cancelations collected in Dannemark?
- how could I find the name of the town for each number?

The "value" of the cancellation has no interest for me, I think I'll
never sell here in france the stamps at cancellation value, and some
stamps are not in best health, but it is alwways better then now
number!!!!

Many thanks if somebody has one answer ; I wish you a good week end!

--
Jean-Paul DROGER (enlever "anti." et remplacer "ptt" par "wanadoo" pour
me joindre en perso; remove "anti." and replace "ptt" by "wanadoo" to

Old June 4th 05, 04:50 PM
bc92

Dans le message ,
DROGER Jean-Paul wrote:
Hello!

I am again in the first issues of Danish stamps, I bough last year in
June!
I have now many stamps with numerical cancellations (number 1 to more
then 200) and I have only Facit catalog (special 2003) that gives a
value for such cancelation, but only on "Fire RBS" stamps; the list
ends with number 173.

My questions: does it exist Onlinesome informations about this
cancellation or does it exist a catalogue I could perhaps buy (not
easy in France)? My questions a
- does it exist only one type of cancelation?
- does the number mean always the same town or postkontor, I have such
cancellation till 1882 Vappentyp issue (and official stamps)
- how are those cancelations collected in Dannemark?
- how could I find the name of the town for each number?

Here you'll find several books on the subject, most of them in Danish,
at least one in english, by J. Barefoot.
http://www.jaysmith.com/Literature/lit030-den.html

--
kind regards,
Bruno

Old June 5th 05, 11:01 AM
DROGER Jean-Paul

bc92 avait prétendu :
Dans le message ,
DROGER Jean-Paul wrote:
[...]

thank you for this answer, but this morning on my stamps market I have
found a DAKA Handbog 1999 Klassih danemark, 1999 edition!!

It gives an answer for each of my questions!

And I have only found 3stamps with a number that has a higher value
then normal value, but what can I do with such cancellations in
France!!

But the adress you gave here above is a very fine because it is
possible to find all Scandinavian catalogs!

Have a nice sunday