"Disappearing" errors on EBay - fake ?

Old January 23rd 04, 07:03 PM
Mike

Default "Disappearing" errors on EBay - fake ?

I don't know about you folks, but when I look at this auction on Ebay,
it sure appears to me that the seller simply edited the pictures to
make the coins look like errors. Look very closely at them. It
appears as if somebody took a black marker and blacked out some of the
areas the seller states are "disappearing". If you save the pictures
and use an image viewing program and zoom in on them, it appears that
the areas the seller says are "disappearing", have disappeared because
he edited the picture. Just my opinion. But I can't help but laugh
at the scene where a buyer receives this set, and then gets upset
because the damn thing is perfect. "Hey ! What the heck !?!?!? All
the letters reappeared !"

Old January 23rd 04, 07:27 PM
Wes Chormicle

Sure looks retouched to me. Interesting that his feedback is all good.

Wes
"

Old January 23rd 04, 11:05 PM
J. Craton

Mike wrote:
I don't know about you folks, but when I look at this auction on Ebay,
it sure appears to me that the seller simply edited the pictures to
make the coins look like errors. Look very closely at them. It
appears as if somebody took a black marker and blacked out some of the
areas the seller states are "disappearing". If you save the pictures
and use an image viewing program and zoom in on them, it appears that
the areas the seller says are "disappearing", have disappeared because
he edited the picture. Just my opinion. But I can't help but laugh
at the scene where a buyer receives this set, and then gets upset
because the damn thing is perfect. "Hey ! What the heck !?!?!? All
the letters reappeared !"

Here's a message from the seller:
"
Hi Jason;
You have a very keen eye! A few have been as to match the
exact coins in the set as we could not get the true photos. Due to the
fact they must be held at certain angles to make the coins disappear.
I have stated in my ads, "If you are not 100% satisfied, return
for full refund incl. S&H". So what you see, is what you get.
Thanks for looking, George. "costellodog" "

--
Jason Craton ---- CONECA N-3407 --- WINS #5

Nick is a DICK!

Old January 24th 04, 02:53 AM
Bernhard Rich

I always suspect something when the scans are small or blurry.