Group FAQ

Old April 10th 12, 12:22 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Ammammata

Default Group FAQ

Hello there

is there any faq for this newsgroup?

I'm interested in a software to catalog my books

I'm running (testing, actually...) both alexandria and tellico on my debian
but I have some small problems

alexandria works fine but only version 0.6.5, later versions don't work;
the pity is that the (valid) italian search providers are not present in
the old release; in addition, starting from ubuntu 11.10 (on the other
computer) the software isn't any more supported and has been deleted while
upgrading from 10.04

tellico is good indeed but many times fails the search and I can't sort it
out

on windows side I tried some different programs but near all of them lacks
the presence of the italian search provider and the one or two that have
it... don't work

I'm not searching just a free software, I mean I can spend some money but
not too much, otherwise my wife will...

--
/-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\
-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- - -=-

............ [ al lavoro ] ...........
Old April 22nd 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Wond

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 12:22:45 +0100, Ammammata wrote:

[...]

Currently in the linux repos is GCStar, and I'm trying to migrate my
daughter's Alexandria collection to it. Still struggling, too old for
this!

FAQ for this group? Denise[_3_] Books 13 December 25th 14 12:30 AM
FAQ for this group George D Coins 3 July 19th 06 03:02 AM
Is there a FAQ for this group? NoOne N Particular Dolls 1 January 2nd 05 01:42 PM
Where's the FAQ for the group? Lawrence Person Books 1 June 25th 04 04:41 AM
FAQ for this group? Stujoe Coins 2 January 28th 04 01:46 AM