Advice for a newbee

Old September 1st 04, 02:10 AM
Free Citizen

I am sure mebsuta was courteous enough to buy a bottle of ink at least

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

"Michael Guterman" wrote in message
m...

[snip]

I don't understand. You went to a local store, tried out their stock,
liked the people, but ordered the pen from Joon's. Somehow that seems
very wrong. Did you pay your local store a consulting fee?

Michael

Old September 1st 04, 04:59 AM
Bluesea

"mebsuta" wrote in message

No, the ATX I tried wasn't the lacquer ATX I ended up getting. Didn't
realize there was a difference, but I'm glad mine will be the

rhodium-plated
nib. As long as it writes as good or better than the one I test drove I'll
be happy. Hopefully, if it doesn't meet expectations I'll be able to
exchange it with Joon's. How's their customer service BTW, do you know?

I have no experience with Joon's, but Cross will do a nib exchange for $7 to
cover shipping and insurance and you can buy additional nib sections online
if you want various nib widths on hand.

IMO, the stainless nibs and the rhodium-plated nibs both write well. It's
just the size designation that's surprising.

--
~~Bluesea~~