CD Player in Rowe R93

Old March 31st 08, 01:59 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Default CD Player in Rowe R93

I have got my R93 up and going, but it will not play my burned CD's.
This is a home use Juke and with only 6 CD's to put in, I would like a
lot of different artists. Is there some kind of burn-ware to use so
that this box can read the CD's?

Also wanted to that Jim at Jim's Jukebox for his help and advice. If
it weren't for him, this Rowe would be at the landfill right now
instead of playing my wife's Madonna CD.

So PLEASE help me put some AC/DC, G-n-R, and other bad boys in this
box...

Later

Old March 31st 08, 02:13 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

I meant "Thank" to Jim...me and the Juke have had a long weekend...
Old April 3rd 08, 03:25 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jeff Dieterle[_3_]

Any idea on what brands of cd's will work. Also can you elaborate what
single write describes related to brining cd's ?

"John Robertson" wrote in message
wrote:

I have got my R93 up and going, but it will not play my burned CD's.
This is a home use Juke and with only 6 CD's to put in, I would like a
lot of different artists. Is there some kind of burn-ware to use so
that this box can read the CD's?

Also wanted to that Jim at Jim's Jukebox for his help and advice. If
it weren't for him, this Rowe would be at the landfill right now
instead of playing my wife's Madonna CD.

So PLEASE help me put some AC/DC, G-n-R, and other bad boys in this
box...

Later

The early CD-players won't play most home burnt CDs. You need a player
like the CD-Pro installed to do that reliably.

If you are trying to use an earlier player then the CDs must be burnt with
a single write only. Some makes of blank CDs work, many don't on early
players.

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Old April 4th 08, 12:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
kreed

wrote:

[...]

You can really only try different brands and see if any of them
work.
Many modern writers are rubbish for CD too.

you can also use cdr-win (goldenhawk.com) but it really shouldnt make
any difference if you use nero or other common burn programs.

Old April 5th 08, 03:12 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Jeff Dieterle[_3_]

I posted because I've had this issue with a Seeburg SCD-1A and a NSM Silver
City. I recently purchased a Vista laptop and using TDK cd's I was able to
rip/burn problem oem cd's and have them play fine in the Seeburg. Using my
XP laptop wasn't successful. Still haven't figured out what single write
is when burning cd's, can anybody explain that process?
Thanks
Jeff

Old April 5th 08, 05:36 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

Jeff Dieterle wrote:
I posted because I've had this issue with a Seeburg SCD-1A and a NSM Silver
City. I recently purchased a Vista laptop and using TDK cd's I was able to
rip/burn problem oem cd's and have them play fine in the Seeburg. Using my
XP laptop wasn't successful. Still haven't figured out what single write
is when burning cd's, can anybody explain that process?
Thanks
Jeff

What I meant by 'single write' (wrong term) is correctly called "single
session" write. Which means you burn the entire CD (up to 72 minutes) in
a single pass instead of multi-session where you burn a few tracks, take
the CD out, (play it, drop it, scratch it up,) then burn a few more
tracks... The early CD players can only handle single session CDs plus I
think they are fussier about which brand of blank you use. I found I
could use Office Depot blanks but not Memorex blanks on an older CD
jukebox. Others have found similar results. So if it works with some
home-burnt CDs, yet not with others see if the blank is the same brand.

John :-#)#