Seeburg wall box

Old April 10th 10, 04:29 PM
russ omer russ omer is offline
Junior Member

Default Seeburg wall box

I own a VL200 and a wallbox V3WA... all work great. I just purchased six D-3WU wallboxes that all appear to work but when a record is selected from the wallbox the VL 200 plays the wrong record and at times contiuously selects records at random. Anyone know what the problem could be?? The wall boxes are all in great shape and function fine. Is it possible that D3WU wallboxes won't work on a 1956 VL 200?

Last edited by russ omer : April 11th 10 at 02:10 AM.
Old April 12th 10, 04:31 AM
Scottie Scottie is offline
Junior Member

I am neither a wallbox or VL expert altho I did once have a V. I'd say the wallboxes will work as they already do - with a problem.
First think I'd do is service the selection receiver completely by the manual - clean - adjust, etc. Tryin' to remember; 2050 tube in there? Consider replacing the 2050 or whatever tube does the counting and repeating to the receiver.
Whoops! Re-reading that you have a V3WA. Assuming it is working properly, then I would clean, lube, service, and adjust the other wall units to spec.

Last edited by Scottie : April 12th 10 at 06:09 AM.
Old April 12th 10, 04:18 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ken Layton

The "stepper" unit inside the jukebox probably needs to be serviced.

Old April 13th 10, 12:18 AM
Scottie Scottie is offline
Junior Member

"Stepper"! That's the word I sought, however if his V3WA is working properly not sure if it is - then the stepper may be fine.
Old April 13th 10, 12:34 PM
Alan Hood Alan Hood is offline
Senior Member

Location: Sheffield UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ omer View Post
I own a VL200 and a wallbox V3WA... all work great. I just purchased six D-3WU wallboxes that all appear to work but when a record is selected from the wallbox the VL 200 plays the wrong record and at times contiuously selects records at random. Anyone know what the problem could be?? The wall boxes are all in great shape and function fine. Is it possible that D3WU wallboxes won't work on a 1956 VL 200?
Hi Russ,

I am trying to remember if the Seeburg wallboxes are the same as the Rowe Ami in respect that they need an AC Control connection to stop other wallboxes from selecting at the same time. If I remember correctly I am sure that they do. With Rowe Ami the transformer that supplied the wallbox (in the UK a PL10B) had a relay in it that held over the AC untill the Stepper signal had finished.

Regards
Alan Hood
ami-man
UK