Hi Guys, - Help Needed

Old July 17th 06, 01:24 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

Default Hi Guys, - Help Needed

So I have all my pictures ready, got a couple of addresses and am ready to
post some off. Go into the local PO and get my sending envelopes all ready
with stamps and find out I cant buy US stamps (which I thought I could
have). So my question is do I buy them from the US and get them shipped
here or can I buy them online and print them out? Now I'm stuck!

Cheers for any help

Max

Old July 17th 06, 03:19 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Don't do it online and print it out because they are time stamped I
think. I did that with some and they never came back.

Anyway, you can try going to www.usps.com and email them or see if you
can order online (you may have to call). Explain the situation.

Or, you can ask people here to trade with you or pay them for stamps.

Or you can look for in your area a Palentaic (I am not sure how it's
spelled but it's a stamp collecting store) Society and ask them to get
what you need.

If you buy them online you might have to order a minimum amount though
and you will have to pay by credit card probably.

Or you can ask you post office about "International Response Coupons"
each IRC is worth one 1st class stamp overseas to anywhere in the
world. If you are mailing out 8x10's and have cardboard or more than
one photo etc you may need up to three of these per envelope; you
COULD maybe get along with two.
.. If you have 5x7 or 6x9 one or two. and business envelopes just
one. They are a little more costly than stamps but they go anywhere
in the world. Your post office might not carry them, but they are on
every post office's list as availability to order them. If you ask
them to order them, they will.

Old July 17th 06, 10:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

Max. Call the usps at 1800stamp24 and ask to purchase stamps. You can also
request a philatelic catalog and they will send you one with all the current
stamps on it. Their shipping, at least in the US, is $1.00 no matter how
much you order!

Old July 18th 06, 08:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"SBFan2000" wrote in message
Max. Call the usps at 1800stamp24 and ask to purchase stamps. You can
also
request a philatelic catalog and they will send you one with all the
current
stamps on it. Their shipping, at least in the US, is $1.00 no matter how
much you order!

Thanks guys,

I'll try what youve suggested

Max

Old July 18th 06, 10:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
SBFan2000

No problem, Wish you luck. If you can't find a way to do it let me know and
I might be able to help you. I'm ordering all the time. (stamp collector)

Old July 22nd 06, 07:57 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"Max" wrote in message

"SBFan2000" wrote in message
Max. Call the usps at 1800stamp24 and ask to purchase stamps. You can
also
request a philatelic catalog and they will send you one with all the
current
stamps on it. Their shipping, at least in the US, is $1.00 no matter

how
much you order!

Thanks guys,

I'll try what youve suggested

Max

Well I rang USPS and got to open an account and order some stamps which will
be here in about 7 - 14 days. Ordered 10 $5 stamps, I thought better to put
to much stampage on than not enough! :-) - When they get here I'll let
everyone know as it was actually quite easy to do. They will be sending me
a catalogue as well so hopefully next time it won't be such a pain in the
ass!

So anyone know a website which converts Kilograms into pounds and ounces so
I know what to put on each envelope! :-)

Thanks for all your help to get to this stage guys - Appreciate it a lot.

All the Best

Max

Check out my website here - www.maxieffect.co.uk

Old July 23rd 06, 11:23 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"SBFan2000" wrote in message
Try http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/trol/scol/cclboz.htm

That's great - thanks a bunch

Max

Old August 2nd 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Max

"Max" wrote in message

"SBFan2000" wrote in message
[...]

My stamps turned up today - nice... not to shabby a job i think. Well done
USPS

All I need now are 2 more addresses.

I need one for Lee Tergesen

And I want to send of 2 for Veronica Mars 1 for Kristen Bell and 1 for
Francis Capra, I'm guessing if I do it to the set rather than there agents I
would have a higher chance of success, what do you reckon? and can anyone
help me?

Thanks