Are autograph request sometimes a pain in the butt?

Old September 27th 05, 08:33 PM
Cliff

Default Are autograph request sometimes a pain in the butt?

I've lived in this same house for 13 years now. The guy that owned
the house before was a big gospel singer and toured all over with a
fancy painted tour bus and such.

To this day, I still get letters for him at this address, asking for
autographs. How do I know? I don't open the letter, but I can feel
the note card and sometimes see the picture they send through the
envelope. I always write "return not sender, not at this address
since 1992" on them and drop them back in the mailbox.

I can understand how some things can get RTS and how a lot of things
might hit the wastepaper basket too. I feel bad for the person that
spent the time putting the letter and stuff together, but geeze, there
are other resources, like tax records that will tell you who owns what
piece of property and if someone is going to mail to someones home,
they might want to do a little better research.

Oh, sorry, rant was on, now rant is off.
Cliff

Old September 28th 05, 12:32 AM
Cliff

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 18:53:55 -0700, "MartinB"
wrote:

there
are other resources, like tax records that will tell you who owns what
piece of property and if someone is going to mail to someones home,
they might want to do a little better research.

ok, now tell us how easy it is to access tax records to find out whether a
celebrity lives at a certain address? and how we can research it
conveniently online?

Sure, no problem. If you have the address go to that county's web
page. Access the tax records (all counties may not have theirs
listed) and put in the address you are going to mail to. It'll show
you who the property belongs to, how big the lot is, what the annual
taxes are and who holds the mortage. You can even click on the plat
and it'll show you how the land is laid out and you can click on any
other property in the neighborhood to find out who lives where and how
much their taxes are.

I can't speak for every state and every county but speaking for mine,
it's a short couple of clicks between the county web page and the plat
of my house showing that I bought it in 1992 and my name and my wife's
name.

Now, I'm not talking about mega stars since they probably have nothing
in their names, but, in this case, a gospel singer by the name of
Brian Free lived here before me and if you hit the tax records you'll
see his home address.

I don't have the heart to toss out the request that come, but had
rather RTS so you know it's a bad address. Once upon a time I'd take
the time to write the correct address and put another stamp on the
request but I've gotten grumpy and not very giving in my old age.

Now, get creative in finding what you want to know
Cliff

Old September 29th 05, 04:34 AM
SBFan2000

And you would get nowhere, Those records are public domain. My mother
looks this stuff up on a daily basis for the lawyers she works for!

Old September 29th 05, 01:57 PM
Sue H

Yeah, I got realators (I get these cards and one said they went
through my records just the other day) who want me to sell my house...
nd about 50 people inquiring on my credit report (just looked at it
about a month ago) and they keep sending me credit cards or offering
loans...

and I know even security companies and others have done it. If you
have the tools, 10 or 20 bucks, you can get addresses of celebrities
and unpublished numbers too...