(RCSD) Stamp images to Flash Drive

Old January 14th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default (RCSD) Stamp images to Flash Drive

On Jan 8, 2:47*pm, SkySea wrote:
Is it possible that you saved your images from Photoimpression
directly to the flash drive, then copied the ones from My Documents to
the Flash drive, overwriting them?

Check for a default saved location in your editing softwares, or look
at the recently-edited list in the software and check the path
(they're usually listed in the "File" pull-down). That might give a
clue.

Ralphael1 wrote:
I am a bit skeptical here Dale. I udnerstand what you are saying and
have never encountered this problem before. I have never used Paint
and the pictures I tweaked some pictures using Photoimpression, saved
them to My Documents then sent to the Flash Drive. The picyures had
nothing to do with Paint yet they went on the Flash drive as Paint.
(beats-the-hell-outta-me.)

Thanks for your input,

RtOo

=============
- Dale Gombert (SkySea at aol.com)
122.38W, 47.58N, W. Seattle, WA

My apologies to all responders, I had my head up the proverbial dark
place on this one. Here is what I now know:
Original pictures were in JPG and Bitmap form. I edited using
Photoimpression and sent them to flash drive, however the file was too
large for the 1gb stick so I started over splitting them up and
putting them to CD-RWs.
The flash drive filled itself with what it could. I click Properties
and pictures show up as either JPEG or Bitmap and Photoimpression, I
click the Edit and pictures are Photoimpression. I click Preview and
Pictures are viewed using Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer. All is OK
here...HOWEVER, the pictures send to the CD-RW are Paint or Bitmap
format. The Paint format is useless as far as I am concerned. The
Bitmap is so bad that I think they are also useless. Now the icing on
the cake:
Spouse who know everything there is about everything tried to install
a new printer and in the process trashed my hard drive, all originals
are lost and another $80 for the shop guru to properly wipe the hard
drive and reinstall the drivers.
Not only do I hate Verizon, I hate computers. As a matter of fact I
hate self, the cat and everything else. I do like retirement.

Ralphael, the OLD one.
Old January 14th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Rodney

My apologies to all responders, I had my head up the proverbial dark
place on this one. Here is what I now know:

Entirely inppropriate I know, but I had a good belly laugh there,
well written Ralphael!
(It's a bit like cricket, when a batsman is hit in the crown jewels
you know it hurts like hell, but you laugh anyway....strange that)

Your experience confirms what I have held for years,
the best backup is always a "copy or move" to a physical drive.
Get yourself an external hard drive and case and use windows explorer
to copy back and forth, you will always have 2 copies of everything.
Simple really.

....and take comfort, that we have all been to that black place when
computers fail to deliver, just know that you'll come out the other end if
you persist

Old January 14th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Windows Clerk #1 = Grumpy Old Man!

Harumph!

Stick to decaf, Ralph...
Old January 14th 08, 09:21 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

In a recent message "rodney" wrote:

My apologies to all responders, I had my head up the proverbial dark
place on this one. Here is what I now know:

Entirely inppropriate I know, but I had a good belly laugh there,
well written Ralphael!
(It's a bit like cricket, when a batsman is hit in the crown jewels
you know it hurts like hell, but you laugh anyway....strange that)

Your experience confirms what I have held for years,
the best backup is always a "copy or move" to a physical drive.
Get yourself an external hard drive and case and use windows explorer
to copy back and forth, you will always have 2 copies of everything.
Simple really.

...and take comfort, that we have all been to that black place when
computers fail to deliver, just know that you'll come out the other end if
you persist

I use my internal network to back all my personal data files on
this computer onto my laptop, which has a much larger hard disc.
I can just copy all files with a newer date without having to
confirm each one.

It works in reverse too.

I also have three separate hard discs on this computer
which gives me an alternative backup.

I used to backup onto floppy disc, but that was such a pain as I needed
well over 60 discs for the backup!

--
Tony Clayton
Coins of the UK :
Old January 14th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 12:01:20 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Easy solution:
Buy a laptop, give wife current machine.
Hide and password lock laptop!

They can link together with USB ports as simple 'network'.

But - ! One could boot the other via USB. :^( There's always a
loophole, thank you Mr. Godel!
Old January 15th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Ralphael1 wrote:
[...]

Tracy, you still drinking 7-up since I told you to make 7-up
yours? :-)

G rump y

Stick to decaf, Ralph...- Hide quoted text -

Old January 15th 08, 06:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 08:27:32 -0800, Sir F. A. Rien
wrote:

Ralphael1 found these unused words:

Windows Clerk #1 = Grumpy Old Man!

Harumph!

Tracy, you still drinking 7-up since I told you to make 7-up
yours? :-)

G rump y

I'd heard he switched to Dr. Pepper, Sneezy a bit, but ... !

That would be Diet Dr. Pepper to you, sir!