Introduction to the group

Old July 9th 03, 02:42 PM
Mike

Default Introduction to the group

Hello to the group,

I have been lurking around the group off and on for a while now and learned
quite a bit but this is my first post.

I live in southwestern Ontario and collect most series of Canadian and US
coins - been collecting since my grandmother got me interested when I was a
kid (with a long break through high school and university years). I still
have most of the coins she gave me -some disappeared during my break - and
although they are of low monetary value they are by far my most prized
numismatic possessions.

I don't know if others are like me but my interests are always changing -
one month may be focused on Buffalo nickels, the next early canadian halfs
or pre-confed tokens or whatever else catches my fancy.

Anyway, this week my focus is on maritime coinage. I am specifically
searching for two library of coins albums to house my collection - Volumes
68 (Newfoundland 1 and 5 cent) and 69 (newfoundland 10, 20, 25 and 50 cent).

Any help in locating clean examples of these albums would be much
appreciated.

Mike

Old July 9th 03, 03:07 PM
Wheeler

Mike wrote:

[...]

Mike.....
Welcome to the newsgroup...... No matter what your
interest is I am sure that there is someone in here that
will be able to help you.....

Wheeler.... (Roscoe) Ebay- 1Wheeler, ICQ- 876749,
Yahoo Messenger- Wheeler72512
*** All Email, Incoming, Outgoing and their attachments
are scanned for viruses by Norton Antivirus 2003 ***

Old July 9th 03, 03:30 PM
Bruce Hickmott

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:42:35 -0400, "Mike" is alleged to
have written:

Hello to the group,

Greetings and welcome!

I live in southwestern Ontario and collect most series of Canadian and US
coins - been collecting since my grandmother got me interested when I was a
kid (with a long break through high school and university years). I still
have most of the coins she gave me -some disappeared during my break - and
although they are of low monetary value they are by far my most prized
numismatic possessions.

Almost everybody here has a low or no value coin that they wouldn't part with at
any price. In my case, the coin is question is a VERY low grade 1912-D 5c.

I don't know if others are like me but my interests are always changing -
one month may be focused on Buffalo nickels, the next early canadian halfs
or pre-confed tokens or whatever else catches my fancy.

My interests tend to stay pretty constant: Half cents, liberty 5c including the
patterns, and early proofs. Sometimes I stray from those areas, but not often.

Anyway, this week my focus is on maritime coinage. I am specifically
searching for two library of coins albums to house my collection - Volumes
68 (Newfoundland 1 and 5 cent) and 69 (newfoundland 10, 20, 25 and 50 cent).

Any help in locating clean examples of these albums would be much
appreciated.

Larry Calder, Andrew from Brent-Kruger and Ken Barr all post here, it's likely
one of them can help you. All are good folks. If I were you, I might post a WTB:
LoC albums 68 & 69 or such and see who answers.

Good hunting!

Bruce

Old July 9th 03, 03:51 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 09:42:35 -0400, "Mike" wrote:

Anyway, this week my focus is on maritime coinage. I am specifically
searching for two library of coins albums to house my collection - Volumes
68 (Newfoundland 1 and 5 cent) and 69 (newfoundland 10, 20, 25 and 50 cent).

I don't know if they have them, but two coin supply dealers with large
inventories and great prices, who I've bought from repeatedly, a

Brooklyn Gallery Coins & Stamps
http://www.brooklyngallery.com

Jake's Marketplace
http://www.jakesmp.net

--

Coin Collecting: Consumer Guide: http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old July 9th 03, 10:14 PM
J. A. McNerney

Mike wrote:

[...]

Welcome! always good to connect with another collector of Canadians.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.canadiancoin.com/

JAM
Old February 8th 05, 09:42 AM
A. Roy

Hello, Mike!
You wrote:

Hello to the group,

I have been lurking around the group off and on for a

while now and learned
quite a bit but this is my first post.

I live in southwestern Ontario and collect most series of

Canadian and US
coins

snip

Anyway, this week my focus is on maritime coinage. I am

specifically
searching for two library of coins albums to house my

collection - Volumes
68 (Newfoundland 1 and 5 cent) and 69 (newfoundland 10,

20, 25 and 50 cent).

Any help in locating clean examples of these albums would

be much
appreciated.

Mike

I suggest you check eBay regularly. IIRC, I saw these exact
albums in a group lot of Library of Coins albums a couple of
weeks ago.

See ya ...
Alan Roy
CNA #17134 eBay: al-roy

My photo album of Canadian numismatic literatu
http://tinyurl.com/9tii