Comic Book/Star Wars Success

Old September 18th 07, 12:04 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
doc

Default Comic Book/Star Wars Success

sent aug 30th
David Yakanama
828 S. Westboro Ave.
Alhambra, CA 91803
Sent 1 star wars tales 17 and marvel adventures fcbd 2007
Received both books back signed sept 17th
As a side note Star Wars Tales issue 17 was his first published
artwork while he was in his 2nd year of training at the Joe Kubert
Comic Art School in New Jersey.
He is now drawing Marvel Adventures: Hulk

Old September 18th 07, 02:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

congrats and thanks for sharing. I will be sending a bunch of them
out shortly (this week probably).

As for comic artists, I wanted to share something last I saw last
night, I was watching "History Detectives" (one of my now favorite
shows on TV) and they were talking about the older days of comic
artists. Apparently, there was a time when these types of artists
were looked down upon; this was during the "golden age" of comics
(right before the invention of TV). They rarely signed their work and
were doing that as a sideline usually till they could get a "real"
job! I thought that very interesting. Look how far they've come!

Old September 19th 07, 11:05 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
doc

I am in constant contact with a variety of comic book folks if you
need any help let me know.

And glad to be of service

Old September 19th 07, 05:51 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

thanks and if I can help you in return, email...