Thomas Edison

Old November 20th 08, 03:33 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
L. Miller

Default Thomas Edison

I have a check written in 1912 for 65 cents and signed by Thomas Edison. It
is matted and framed. I was wondering how much it might be worth?

Old November 20th 08, 05:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

On this, because historical, contact Profiles in History or Signature
House or any of the bigger companies and tell them you want to sell
it... they may be able to put a price on it. It would depend on many
factors.

1) is it legit.
2) what the item is
3) what damage there may be/condition
4) if there's anything else to go with it (provenance or other items
to sell as a "group")

Prices realized on Google. for that might be worth a guess. For
historical stuff, unless it's a "live" auction where you have internet
bidders/in person at the auction house bidders and phone bidders, you
won't get an actual price. UNLESS you are planning to sell via Ebay.
That's the rule.

If you are selling thing Ebay... look at Ebay prices. that's about
what you'll get. Larger online auction houses have prices realized
sections you can check.

Nobody can give you a "true" value. Value is what people will pay for
it on any given day and probably less now than last year due to the
economy. It's like the stock market.

Old November 20th 08, 07:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
Lorrie S.

about $1300

Old November 21st 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

I don't know. Maybe because this is an autograph message group, he
wanted to talk about an autograph. Maybe he thought fellow autograph
collectors might know somebody he can ask for a professional opinion.

--

Mike
Gummby3

"Zoom" wrote in message

"L. Miller" wrote in message
I have a check written in 1912 for 65 cents and signed by Thomas
Edison. It is matted and framed. I was wondering how much it might
be worth?

Maybe its worth at least .65 cents.
p.s. Why are you asking here ?

Old November 22nd 08, 09:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

Wow. Three days for you to come up with that gem of a response.

--

Mike
Gummby3
-= Star Collector =-
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

"Zoom" wrote in message

. ..

"Zoom" wrote in message

"L. Miller" wrote in message
I have a check written in 1912 for 65 cents and signed by Thomas
Edison. It is matted and framed. I was wondering how much it
might be worth?

Maybe its worth at least .65 cents.
p.s. Why are you asking here ?

si senor
me not know

Old November 23rd 08, 03:28 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3[_2_]

It's always good to hear that people are productive. I just hope your
work personality is more pleasing than your faceless one.

--

"Zoom" wrote in message

Wow. Three days for you to come up with that gem of a response.

Mike

Maybe its worth at least .65 cents.
p.s. Why are you asking here ?

si senor
me not know

me work and have life,not a lot of time

Old November 23rd 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs.vintage,alt.collecting.autographs
Zoom

Wow. Three days for you to come up with that gem of a response.

Mike

Maybe its worth at least .65 cents.
p.s. Why are you asking here ?

si senor
me not know

me work and have life,not a lot of time

Edison Commemorative vs. Atheism Bob Flaminio Coins 30 March 31st 05 03:46 AM
2004 Thomas Alva Edison Collector's Set Henry Mensch Coins 14 September 29th 04 06:42 PM
Edison Commem Oregon Coins 26 February 28th 04 11:39 PM
Edison Dollars now available at the Mint Bob Flaminio Coins 26 February 22nd 04 07:55 PM
Thomas A. Edison commemorative. gogu Coins 0 February 17th 04 10:03 PM