Russia 1975 souvenir sheet

Old May 1st 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Default Russia 1975 souvenir sheet

Hi,

I've found this sheet about a French/Russia philatelic
exhibition in 1975
url:http://stamps.delcampe.net/page/item/id_enchere,12614209,language,E.html

There is an issued stamp, but it has printed perforation
and cancel.

So, what's the status of this sheet ? It seems it
has no postal value, but was it issued (and printed)
officially by Russia post ?

I've bought one already, I'm happy to find a
Sower on a foreign document.

I collect stamps, philatelic items, and non-philatelic items
about the Roty Sower, see in French :
http://timbreposte.free.fr/mag-timbr...euse-roty.html

By the way, any relation/inspiration between the Nebraska
Sower and the French Sower ? Any "Sower stamp on stamp"
someone know of ?

--
Regards
Dominique Stéphan
Old May 2nd 06, 07:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Dominique Stéphan wrote:

Hi,

I've found this sheet about a French/Russia philatelic
exhibition in 1975
url:http://stamps.delcampe.net/page/item/id_enchere,12614209,language,E.html

There is an issued stamp, but it has printed perforation
and cancel.

So, what's the status of this sheet ? It seems it
has no postal value, but was it issued (and printed)
officially by Russia post ?

I've bought one already, I'm happy to find a
Sower on a foreign document.

I do not know the origin of these, sorry. But I have seen similar for several issues, including
this one:

http://spacestamps.amhosting.com/sta...nt=sun&set=122

|---------------------------------------------------|
| Edward A. Locke |
| |

Old May 2nd 06, 01:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

url:http://stamps.delcampe.net/page/item...anguage,E.html

There is an issued stamp, but it has printed perforation
and cancel.

So, what's the status of this sheet ? It seems it
has no postal value, but was it issued (and printed)
officially by Russia post ?

I've bought one already, I'm happy to find a
Sower on a foreign document.

I do not know the origin of these, sorry. But I have seen similar for
several issues, including
this one:

http://spacestamps.amhosting.com/sta...nt=sun&set=122

Interesting sheets. I have three similar sheets, produced for CAPEX
'78. They are just souvenirs of a large stamp show in Toronto. The three
printing firms (Canadian Bank Note Company, British American Bank Note
company & Ashton-Potter) each designed a sheet for the show.

That is probably what these other interesting sheets are.

Pete

--
Use ROT-13 to decode my e-mail address.
Old May 2nd 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

The latter sheet commemorates the
10th anniversary of Gagarin's flight.
(price 15 kopecks)

The USSR did issue a mini-sheet
of 4 stamps for that same anniversary
on 12 April 1971. (scott 3844a to d),
but this sheet is neither shown nor
mentioned in Scott.

Blair

Old May 3rd 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Dominique

The stamp is listed as Yvert no. 1433 "50-year anniversary of diplomatic
relations between the Soviet Union and France".
There is no accompanying block, and judging from the canceled 6 kopek value,
and the new 15 kopek 'sheet value' I'd say it is not 'official'. There is no
relation I can see between this stamp and the French/USSR stamps on the
background.

Bye
Jan

"Dominique Stéphan" schreef in bericht

Old May 4th 06, 02:56 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Jan Doggen wrote :
Dominique

The stamp is listed as Yvert no. 1433 "50-year anniversary of
diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and France".

Jan & Dominique,

It is Yvert 4133 (not 1433), issued in 1975.

There is no accompanying block, and judging from the canceled 6 kopek
value, and the new 15 kopek 'sheet value' I'd say it is not
'official'. There is no relation I can see between this stamp and the
French/USSR stamps on the background.

The French stamp is Yvert 129 (the only 10c sower on lined background,
issued on may 6th 1903.
The Russian one is Yvert 2372 celebrating Youth, issued in 1961.

No relations whatsoever with 1925 diplomatic relations or the 50th
anniversary.
HTH

--
Regards,
Pierre Courtiade

Old May 4th 06, 09:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Pierre Courtiade a écrit:
Jan Doggen wrote :
Dominique

The stamp is listed as Yvert no. 1433 "50-year anniversary of
diplomatic relations between the Soviet Union and France".

Jan & Dominique,

It is Yvert 4133 (not 1433), issued in 1975.

It's Scott 4308.

There is no accompanying block, and judging from the canceled 6 kopek
value, and the new 15 kopek 'sheet value' I'd say it is not
'official'.

Well, I's not a stamp (as it's pre-canceled), but it may
have been issued by post, or it may be something like
the CNEP souvenir sheets in France (private, although
sadly listed in most French stamps catalogs).

There is no relation I can see between this stamp and the
French/USSR stamps on the background.

The French stamp is Yvert 129 (the only 10c sower on lined background,
issued on may 6th 1903.
The Russian one is Yvert 2372 celebrating Youth, issued in 1961.

No relations whatsoever with 1925 diplomatic relations or the 50th
anniversary.

There is a relation I see. the Sower is related
to stamp collecting (it's one of the best-known stamps,
virtually everybody collecting France has it)
and a symbol of France. If I had to choose a stamp that
represents France and French philately, I'd choose a Sower of Roty.
On the USSR stamp it seems to be a sickle and hammer,
I don't know how much popular the stamp himself is.

--
Cordialement
Old May 5th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Dominique Stéphan a écrit :

Well, I's not a stamp (as it's pre-canceled), but it may
have been issued by post, or it may be something like
the CNEP souvenir sheets in France (private, although
sadly listed in most French stamps catalogs).

I agree with you : those CNEP (Association of French stamp dealers)
souvenir sheets should definitely *not* be listed in any catalog.

No relations whatsoever with 1925 diplomatic relations or their
50th anniversary.

There is a relation I see. the Sower is related
to stamp collecting (it's one of the best-known stamps,
virtually everybody collecting France has it)
and a symbol of France. If I had to choose a stamp that
represents France and French philately, I'd choose a Sower of Roty.

I would personnally choose a Marianne as the symbol of France.

But as there are so many different types of Mariannes in French
philately, I agree with you : Roty's Sower is unique and such is a very
good representation of Fr philately.

On the USSR stamp it seems to be a sickle and hammer

On the leaflet and on my Yvert catalog (Scott does not provide an image
for this stamp - which is Scott 2446) it is quite difficult to see.

I would say that the two individuals are holding flags ?

BTW Yvert describes the stamp as a tribute to Youth, whereas Scott
mentions a "Workers'monument".

The two chaps should definitely be young workers :-)))

--
All the best,
Pierre Courtiade

Old May 5th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Pierre Courtiade a écrit:
No relations whatsoever with 1925 diplomatic relations or their
50th anniversary.

There is a relation I see. the Sower is related
to stamp collecting (it's one of the best-known stamps,
virtually everybody collecting France has it)
and a symbol of France. If I had to choose a stamp that
represents France and French philately, I'd choose a Sower of Roty.

I would personnally choose a Marianne as the symbol of France.

But as there are so many different types of Mariannes in French
philately, I agree with you : Roty's Sower is unique and such is a very
good representation of Fr philately.

So Dallay catalog thinks.

On the USSR stamp it seems to be a sickle and hammer

On the leaflet and on my Yvert catalog (Scott does not provide an image
for this stamp - which is Scott 2446) it is quite difficult to see.

I would say that the two individuals are holding flags ?

BTW Yvert describes the stamp as a tribute to Youth, whereas Scott
mentions a "Workers'monument".

The two chaps should definitely be young workers :-)))

It's a stickle and a hammer (found through Google
with the proper keywords you gave)
http://www.stamprussia.com/2516b.jpg
A 100 stamps sheet (it's a definitve stamp like the 10c Sower) :
url:http://cgi.ebay.com/Russia-Sc-2446-sheet-with-Plate-Error-1961-DEFINITIVE_W0QQitemZ5672632065QQcategoryZ3495QQcmd ZViewItem
A small plate error :
http://www.raznovidnosti.republika.pl/2446.html

Old May 6th 06, 08:48 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss

Thanks Dominique for all these links !

--
Pierre