poll: silver future?

Old April 30th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default poll: silver future?

just wondering what you guys and gals think of the future of silver...

will it continue to go up... stagnate and hover where its at for a while...
or soon sink back down?

The chart of silver makes it look like a dive is waiting to happen... just
from a chart look... not politics, economy, etc.. just raw chart makes it
look ready for dive.

Politics on the other hand make it look to at least hover or climb.

wondering what you guys think about it....

time to load up on silver bullion or not? hahaha

Old April 30th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

I predict that silver will go up... Well maybe go down some. Hummm, now
that I think about it, it might go up sometimes and then go down
sometimes... maybe. I guess i'll need to think about it a little more.
Hummmm. O.K. now that I thought about it... What was the question again?
Who knows.

Old May 1st 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Mark Reed wrote:
just wondering what you guys and gals think of the future of silver...

will it continue to go up... stagnate and hover where its at for a while...
or soon sink back down?

The chart of silver makes it look like a dive is waiting to happen... just
from a chart look... not politics, economy, etc.. just raw chart makes it
look ready for dive.

Politics on the other hand make it look to at least hover or climb.

wondering what you guys think about it....

time to load up on silver bullion or not? hahaha

My opinion: Everybody's got one and they all stink.

Silver will continue to rise due to profit-taking. The profit-taking
will stop, silver will tank, "and like a rubber ball, I'll come
bouncin' back to you."

Jerry
Ah, the good old days.

Old May 1st 06, 03:57 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

In article , Mark Reed
wrote:

just wondering what you guys and gals think of the future of silver...

will it continue to go up... stagnate and hover where its at for a while...
or soon sink back down?

The chart of silver makes it look like a dive is waiting to happen... just
from a chart look... not politics, economy, etc.. just raw chart makes it
look ready for dive.

Politics on the other hand make it look to at least hover or climb.

wondering what you guys think about it....

time to load up on silver bullion or not? hahaha

According to J. P. Morgan, it will fluctuate ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website:
Old May 1st 06, 05:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Silver prices will go down when gasoline prices go down. Watch & see.
People are selling silver like crazy now to get some extra cash & the
supply will be overloaded.

Old May 1st 06, 05:45 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 15:32:12 -0500, Mark Reed wrote:

just wondering what you guys and gals think of the future of silver...
will it continue to go up... stagnate and hover where its at for a while...
or soon sink back down?

There will be minor dips like we saw last month, and there will be a
good sized correction, but over the course of my lifetime it will
continue to be a strong investment.

The chart of silver makes it look like a dive is waiting to happen... just
from a chart look... not politics, economy, etc.. just raw chart makes it
look ready for dive.

Right. I look at the slope - keep in mind I'm a hack and I'm guessing,
just like the educated hacks who pretend they're not guessing. But, if
the slope of the line is too steep, it won't sustain inself. Take last
month's "climb" to 14, which was pretty rapid. Too far, too fast, you
got some profit-taking.

Now, it's back at 14. The people who were waiting for 14 to sell, sold.
Thsoe who still hold at 14 are waiting for a bigger number. So it'll
test a new level, fall if it's too steep on profit-taking, and then
re-climb (because the fundamental reasons for the gain are still
present).

My plan? Buy a bit of silver with each paycheck, regardless of price.
Sell when I need a chunk of money for a vacation, car expense, or
whatever life event comes up.

time to load up on silver bullion or not? hahaha

I like US 90% silver coin. Last batch of walkers, I got 6 upgrades and
2 holes filled in my "second set" books. The good stuff is starting to
be turned in.

Old May 2nd 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

Look at the 5 year chart. See the peak about two years ago, around
$7.80/ounce? I just happened to be in my coin dealer's shop at that
time when a regular customer came in. He was lugging several bags of
'junk' silver and plopped it on the counter to sell ... probably had
40 or 50 pounds of silver. I looked at him and said something like,
"time to sell, huh?" He nodded in the affirmative, with what seemed
like certainty.

Well, that was only two years ago ... a short time I reckon when it
comes to this sort of thing. He must've felt that he did the right
thing because shortly after that the price plummeted by about 25% of
his selling price. Today, it is up 70% from his sell price.

What will it do in the next year or two? Please tell me when you
find out!!
Old May 2nd 06, 03:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

wrote:

just wondering what you guys and gals think of the future of silver...

No expert here ... but since I hold some silver I look for reasons to
hope for gains.
As of Friday, 4/28, Silver ETF became available on the NYSE.
The price has largely recovered since falling off that cliff ten days
ago. Looking at the graph, I see it resuming the general rise it has
been undergoing for the past 8 months or so ... punctuated by periodic
profit taking.

But, what do I know? I'm just being optimistic, haha. What is it they
say ... past performance can't be used as an indication of future
activity ... or something like that. Those graphs have an irritating
way of NOT doing what you expected from them.
Old May 2nd 06, 03:40 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Jack" wrote in news:1146456754.166378.313100
@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

Silver prices will go down when gasoline prices go down. Watch & see.
People are selling silver like crazy now to get some extra cash & the
supply will be overloaded.

Given the current trend with gasoline prices, I guess silver will not go
down anytime soon.

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old May 2nd 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

imo, the most likely direction is down. of course I also said that when it
was $6.

with less and less use of silver in photography, one might be inclined to
expect the price to drop.

but the hucksters are out there with their meaningless and often just plain
false statistics and analysis fleecing the gullible.

how long it goes on is anyone's guess.

but every bubble bursts eventually.

.. .