Crowns on AY's

Old July 1st 05, 04:18 PM
seeburgreg

Default Crowns on AY's

Hello

If anyone out there owns a AY series Juke could email a picture of
the crowns it would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased a AY 160
and will start to refurb. in the near future. The crowns are very
tatered and all the paint is worn off. Thanks in advance for your
response.

Old July 1st 05, 04:39 PM
Ken G.

I restored one of those last year . The crowns were simply chrome plated
, that not being an option today i painted mine a bright gold then cut
out chrome tape to make inserts for the front of the crowns .. it looked
great .

To add to this on the cabinet sides mine was all scratched up so i put
on off white and red formica .
The sides are devided by a line that runs down through the Stereo
medalion , i used that as the deviding line and used the off white from
the curved front to the line then the rest 80% of the side red .
It almost looked like a coke machine and people loved it .. better than
ugly black !

Old July 1st 05, 08:33 PM
seeburgreg

Hello Ken

Can I get a Pic of the Juke, Thanks Greg!

Old July 1st 05, 10:33 PM
Juke Dude

I've an AY that hasn't been restored yet and maybe your gonna start a trend
here. I'd appreciate a pic or two also. Thanks.
Chee...(hic)eee...(hic)..ers, sTevE... Canada Day yuno eh!
oups.com...

Old July 2nd 05, 01:41 AM
CHARLIE MAIER

If the crowns wer chrome plated plastic, they can be rechromed. Check
the ads in a colectable auto magazine, there are folks who do plastic
car trim.
Charlie Maier

Old July 2nd 05, 02:20 AM
Keith Stelter

Someone was reproducing these a few years ago.
You still might be able to find them if you look.
Getting them re-chromed will cost $200.00 or more. I know because I get
plastic stuff re-chromed all the time for car restorations.
I would HIGHLY recommend trying this stuff
http://www.alclad2.com/index2.html.
If you take your time you can get an EXCELLENT finish with it.
Good Luck!

oups.com...

Old July 2nd 05, 02:50 AM
Bob E.

seeburgreg wrote:

Hello

If anyone out there owns a AY series Juke could email a picture of
the crowns it would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased a AY 160
and will start to refurb. in the near future. The crowns are very
tatered and all the paint is worn off. Thanks in advance for your
response.

As others have said, they were originally flashed with a bright
chrome finish, then the "insert" areas were painted. You may be
satisfied with the best silver paint you can find, although I
am still going to get mine re-metallized some day. The colors of
the insets a Left "half" insert is black, right "half" insert
is bright orange-red (actually almost fluorescent orange-red), and
the three dots at the tips of the crown points are also the same
bright orange-red. A fellow at a hobby shop I talked to said to put
down white paint first before the fluorescent orange, which sounds
like good advice. The ribbed front boundaries are bright chrome.

And I repainted the sides of my AY a super-glossy black, and
reproduced the white stripe pattern (vertical line centered on the
center of the emblem, with a section that curves around the back half
of the emblem, then horizontal stripes stretching back from
that line, spaced one inch apart). I used special stripe masking
tape by 3M, and off-white spray paint. I think it looks super!

--Bob

Bob Ellingson
Halted Specialties Co., Inc.
http://www.halted.com
3500 Ryder St. (408) 732-1573
Santa Clara, Calif. 95051 USA (408) 732-6428 (FAX)
Old July 2nd 05, 07:29 PM
Ken G.

OOPs never saved pictures of mine . I know how important putting some
things back original is . However these AY seeburgs in my eyes are not
one . The original striped sides were ugly compared to the choices you
can use with formica these days . That cabinet is an easy one to apply
formica or other things to .

The speaker grille looks great cleaned up and the black squares
repainted gloss black . Putting the crowns gold with chrome inserts
really looks nice instead of the awfull neon red . I used bright gold
car paint ( not the cheesy craft gold )

The large chrome plate just below the speaker grille on mine was ugly so
instead of re-chrome $$$ or paint i went to a sign shop and bought a big
chunk of chrome stick on sheet ( much like the wood grain sticky paper )
and after removing all crud and any rust etc. bumps i covered it with
the chrome stuff & it looked like new again .

I have a few bits & pieces of chrome trim and other bits i saved from a
junker for the AY model left .. it was the model with the shorter top .
if someone needs something i will see if its here

Old July 2nd 05, 08:04 PM
Ken In Texas

http://www.pinballrebel.com/archive/seeburg/sfeat.htm

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Old July 2nd 05, 08:04 PM
Ken In Texas

seeburgreg wrote:

Hello

If anyone out there owns a AY series Juke could email a picture of
the crowns it would be greatly appreciated. I just purchased a AY 160
and will start to refurb. in the near future. The crowns are very
tatered and all the paint is worn off. Thanks in advance for your
response.

--
Ken In Texas
http://www.pinballrebel.com
Custom Pinball Cards, Jukeboxes, Drive In's

"Never ask a man if he's from Texas.
If he is, he'll tell you on his own.
If he ain't, no need to embarrass him."

Sassanid coins show over 100 different crowns for kings stonej Coins 2 January 3rd 05 01:20 AM
FS: 2000-01 McDonalds 36-Card Prism Set with Checklist Set + Gold Crowns J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 August 18th 04 05:52 AM
World Crowns LIst George D Coins 0 April 26th 04 04:29 AM
FS: 2000-01 McDonalds 36-Card Prism Set with Checklist Set + Gold Crowns J.R. Sinclair Hockey 0 February 24th 04 06:21 AM
FS: Churchill Crowns $3.00 postpaid (within US) Jim Seymour Coins 12 October 31st 03 01:38 AM