Old October 18th 16, 04:56 AM
jbenz jbenz is offline
Junior Member

[quote=John Robertson;698141]
Is the machine is Self Test or Run mode? The SERVICE switch on the SC&C
(Selection and Credit Computer) should be off to Run mode.

Hi John,
Thanks for the great resource that is flippers.com and taking the time to respond.
-Verified SC&C is in Run mode. I can enter service mode and run some of the tests successfully although tests that apply to the CD (keys 7,6,and 9) produce no results.
Also while in service mode the gripper keeps grabbing random CDs from the carousel, placing on the player then returning them after 4 or 5 seconds.

Are the Z and K LEDs blinking when the carousel rotates? Read about that
on my page...#2-1.

-Z flashes steadily as the carousel rotates while K flashes every once and a while.

Have you followed the troubleshooting guide posted there?

-I'm still working through all of the troubleshooting that even remotely resembles the issues I'm having. I'm heading back over to the in-laws again Wed night to dive back in.

If it is a CD player failure the CD would be placed on the player and
the machine would wait ten to twenty seconds - then return the CD to the
basket if it couldn't access the player. If it puts it back immediatly
then something else is wrong.

- I timed the delay between placing the cd on the player and returning it to the carousel and it came in between 4 and 5 seconds so a far cry from 20 seconds.

Thank you again for your help especially knowing that you are swamped right now.
Jay