Old October 17th 16, 05:12 AM
jbenz jbenz is offline
Junior Member

Default Tech - Wurlitzer OMT 1015-CD problems

Hi all,
My father in law recently picked up a really nice one owner/home use OMT1015CD. The production date is 1999 with a serial in the 3909XXXX range and it uses a amp labeled "Compact Amplifier 40 210". Unfortunately it currently has a fair share of issues.

- The only LED Display output is a flashing "8". I checked the k7 actuator and found it had already been replaced with a hose clamp. I adjusted the tail of the clamp to open k7 when the gripper is in the home position and the CD clamp is fully opened. This allowed the carousel to spin but the display still flashes "8" and the gripper just keeps randomly grabbing CDs and putting them back without playing.

- I then turned my attention to the CD unit. From looking at the pictures on flippers.com it's either a CDM12 or CD-PRO unit. The disk spindle never spins up and the laser never seeks/hunts or powers up but the LED on the controller board flashes "0" "1" "8" in a loop. If you press button 1 it will scroll through the different modes 0-5 but pressing the other two buttons does nothing.

Any ideas from the pro's where I should start? If the cd drive is bad will that cause the constant swapping of disks?

Thanks for any and all help,