Old September 23rd 13, 06:06 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
[email protected]

Default Michel colors

Can a 1992 Michel color guide (farbenfuhrer) be used with a 2003 Deutschland Spezial catalog?

My Michel color guide was published in 1992. My current Michel Deutschland Spezial was published in 2003. (It is the 1840-1945 version.)

In my library is a 1995 Deutschland Spezial, in which colors are sometimes quite different from those given in the 2003.

Which set of catalog colors should I be using with the 1992 color guide?

For example, one stamp has three color varieties listed in each catalog. For the 1995 edition:
a. ultramarine
b. violet blue
c. gray blue

For the same stamp in the 2003 edition:
a. lebhaft violet ultramarine to dark ultramarine
b. (lebhaft) lilac ultramarine
c. (dark) gray ultramarine

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Stan