Old April 14th 21, 04:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Ronald Miller

Default Jukebox Enthusiasts, Collecting.......

I'm honestly interested in opinions concerning the direction of jukebox collecting as a whole, particularly with the newer made 1015 boxes. I'd like to get a collector's view overall, (and not a salesman's view), and is why I'm posting:

- Is there a big interest-following for the recreated jukeboxes, (Antique
Apparatus, One-More-Time, etc)?
- Which is more desirable? Vinyl or CD Boxes? Are people opting for
the convenience of vinyl playing boxes, or the larger selection of
CD playing boxes?
- Is there an honorable interest for the "Non-1015" recreations, (Gazelle,
Peacock, Harley Davidson, etc)?
- Are there any notable problems with their performance, (breakdowns,
sound quality, etc)?
- Overall, are all jukebox prices increasing considerably because so
many are being imported?

I know it's all about what the buyer happens to like, and the newer creations come with much glitter and a great sound. Then again, should I make such a purchase, the day will probably come when I'd like to move on and sell it for perhaps another vintage machine, or just to downsize. Do these boxes have a reasonable resale value?

All opinions are appreciated. If you have anything you'd like to add, please do! Thanks in advance!
Ron