Old August 3rd 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money
Coffee's For Closers

Default Zimbabwe to Drop 10 Zeros in Currency Revaluation

In article ,
says...
I don't think that saving paper has anything to do with this revaluation.
More like trying to save face, if you ask me. Obviously dropping the zeros
makes calculations (manual and computerized) much easier, but it will do
nothing to prevent the inevitable erosion of value due to hyperinflation.

The paper may be an issue on this. I seem to recall that, the
European company that was selling them the banknote paper stock
is refusing any more shipments. And that there is only a couple
months' supply of paper on hand, at the current rate of usage.

I am guessing that the Zimbabwe central bank doesn't have any
hard currency to pay for more paper? They certainly can't use
the hyperbux to buy anything from other countries.

My guess is that, they will start printing the notes on regular
paper. After all, who would want to counterfeit that stuff
anyway?

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/