Old September 24th 08, 10:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.paper-money,rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Default Got A Counterfeit At The Bank

In article , "scottishmoney"
wrote:

This morning I went to the bank and made the weekly withdrawl. One of
the
$100's just didn't quite look right the ink was a bit off. I looked at
it up
against the overhead light, and sure enough, it was Abraham Lincoln's
watermark, not Ben Franklin's.

[snip]

Was it a small bank or branch office? Most of the decent-sized
branches around here in Kaleefornia have automated counting
devices at each teller location that verify the watermark and
security tread as part of the counting process.

When you make a cash deposit at a teller, they run the bills
through the counting machine as a standard practice, both to
verify the count and do the automatic counterfeit checking ...

--
Ken Barr Numismatics
P. O. Box 32541 website: