CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Rock-ola 490 mechanism problem (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=325782)

Sumonewholuvzu November 29th 20 02:09 AM

Rock-ola 490 mechanism problem

Hello all, been reading posts for a while now and cant seem to find any that are similar to my issue. I have
a Rockola 490 that I purchased from a couple in not working condition. They said it just quit working one
day. When I got it home it would light up and keyboard works, goes into normal operation on cpu, things seem
to work normally. Flip lever into operate mode and the big relay on the front of power supply starts to buzz.
Disconnecting motor to gripper stops relay from buzzing. Replaced gripper motor and the relay does not buzz
anymore. With the lever in operate mode the carousel just spins forever, never finding home. If I push and
hold the lever in scan mode, the carousel will spin around and stop at home. If I push and hold the lever in
scan mode, make a selection at the keyboard, carousel spins to selected record, gripper grabs record and
places it onto the platter, needle comes over to play record but immediately starts the reverse process, puts
the record away and carousel goes to home and stops. Now if I push and hold the lever in scan mode, make the
selection at the keyboard and let the gripper grab the record, I can flip the switch to operate mode and it
will place the record on the platter and play the entire song, do the reverse process, put away record and the
carousel will spin forever. Any ideas on that one?? Thank you.

--
----------------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher V8.0 Beta 4

John Robertson November 29th 20 03:10 AM

On 2020/11/28 5:09 p.m., Sumonewholuvzu wrote:
[...]

You need the operators manual. In the manual is a detailed
troubleshooting section that will help you sort this out. You have
several problems, but really the manual is your best bet to start. Then
you will know the terms used and be able to ask better questions.

Good manuals are at Victoryglass.com. Other, download, sites are usually
pretty crappy copies of the Victory Glass originals...

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com