CollectingBanter

-   Juke Boxes (http://www.collectingbanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Seeburg "G" scanning issues? (http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=325661)

Wayne B September 6th 20 05:32 AM

Seeburg "G" scanning issues?

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted here. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Jukes more than ever during these times.

After ignoring, and not playing my G for quite a while, I decided to tackle the issue that caused be to walk away from it for a bit.

If the juke is playing, ll seems fine as long as there are selections selected, but upon initial start and often after the final selection plays and stops, if I make a selection, the record last played will be put back in the rack, the motor keeps spinning and the mech does not scan. If I then manually change the reversing switch direction to pick up a "B" side and flip the clutch latch lever, the carriage will scan and pick the next records.

I'm sure there are no new problems that haven't been seen before, this seems like a strange one to me.

Any suggestions?

TIA
-Wayne

Cathy Ator September 7th 20 11:02 AM

Seeburg "G" scanning issues?

On Saturday, September 5, 2020 at 11:32:25 PM UTC-5, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Just guessing, if the clutch wasn't cleaned properly, and that usually means removal to do, then that is where I'd start looking.

Jay Hennigan[_2_] September 8th 20 06:05 PM

Seeburg "G" scanning issues?

On 9/5/20 21:32, Wayne B wrote:

If the juke is playing, ll seems fine as long as there are selections selected, but upon initial start and often after the final selection plays and stops, if I make a selection, the record last played will be put back in the rack, the motor keeps spinning and the mech does not scan. If I then manually change the reversing switch direction to pick up a "B" side and flip the clutch latch lever, the carriage will scan and pick the next records.

Check to see if the safety plunger (horizontal spring-loaded rod that
tests for a jammed record) is binding or sticking.