2010 Silver Eagles... HERe WE GO AGAIN!!

Old January 3rd 10, 06:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Default 2010 Silver Eagles... HERe WE GO AGAIN!!

I am completely and utterly ****ed that I see (AGAIN) Smilin Bob
Chambers offering 2010 "first day release" Silver eagles. WTF!!!!

I am seriously contemplating canceling all my subscriptions to the US
Mint. This is the second year in a row that they have received their
Eagles while the public gets Zilch.

Do we (as small collectors) have to order "Green Boxes" now to make
sure we get our eagles and why have a subscription to the US Mint when
they prefer to sell to dealers first?

Doesn't sound fair to me...
Old January 3rd 10, 07:13 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 3, 10:02*am, "
wrote:
I am completely and utterly ****ed that I see (AGAIN) Smilin Bob
Chambers offering 2010 "first day release" Silver eagles. WTF!!!!

I am seriously contemplating canceling all my subscriptions to the US
Mint. This is the second year in a row that they have received their
Eagles while the public gets Zilch.

Do we (as small collectors) have to order "Green Boxes" now to make
sure we get our eagles and why have a subscription to the US Mint when
they prefer to sell to dealers first?

Doesn't sound fair to me...

My Bad... It was HSN who was offering a ANAC"s First day issue MS70
Silver eagle
Old January 3rd 10, 07:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 3, 11:13*am, "

http://www.hsn.com/collectibles/2010...868048_xp.aspx
Old January 3rd 10, 09:24 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Wm Hopkins[_2_]

" wrote in message
On Jan 3, 11:13 am, "
wrote:
On Jan 3, 10:02 am, "
wrote:

I am completely and utterly ****ed that I see (AGAIN) Smilin Bob
Chambers offering 2010 "first day release" Silver eagles. WTF!!!!

I am seriously contemplating canceling all my subscriptions to the US
Mint. This is the second year in a row that they have received their
Eagles while the public gets Zilch.

Do we (as small collectors) have to order "Green Boxes" now to make
sure we get our eagles and why have a subscription to the US Mint when
they prefer to sell to dealers first?

Doesn't sound fair to me...

My Bad... It was HSN who was offering a ANAC"s First day issue MS70
Silver eagle

http://www.hsn.com/collectibles/2010...868048_xp.aspx

Is it just the photo or is the obv/rev truly uncovered in these slabs?

Wm

Old January 4th 10, 02:09 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

" wrote in message
I am completely and utterly ****ed that I see (AGAIN) Smilin Bob
Chambers offering 2010 "first day release" Silver eagles. WTF!!!!

I am seriously contemplating canceling all my subscriptions to the US
Mint. This is the second year in a row that they have received their
Eagles while the public gets Zilch.

Do we (as small collectors) have to order "Green Boxes" now to make
sure we get our eagles and why have a subscription to the US Mint when
they prefer to sell to dealers first?

Doesn't sound fair to me...

As far as I know, we collectors have never been able to order bullion Unc
silver eagles directly from the Mint. And what's the panic to get them
anyway? Have you ever seen a shortage of any date? There likely will be
plenty 2010's for sale in a few months at around twenty bucks as usual.

You aren't seriously looking for slabbed "first day release" bullion coins,
are you? If you're somebody who can discern any difference (no peeking at
the slab label or at the price on your receipt), you should consider
becoming a diamond cutter.

Old January 4th 10, 01:55 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Petronius

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
You aren't seriously looking for slabbed "first day release" bullion coins,
are you? If you're somebody who can discern any difference (no peeking at
the slab label or at the price on your receipt), you should consider becoming
a diamond cutter.

If one set of dies was used for the entire run of coins, then the so-called
"First Strike" or "Early Release" slabs might have some value but since dies are
constantly changed, it renders such slabs as a mere marketing scam IMO.

Old January 4th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"Petronius" wrote in message
"Bruce Remick" wrote in message
You aren't seriously looking for slabbed "first day release" bullion
coins, are you? If you're somebody who can discern any difference (no
peeking at the slab label or at the price on your receipt), you should
consider becoming a diamond cutter.

If one set of dies was used for the entire run of coins, then the
so-called "First Strike" or "Early Release" slabs might have some value
but since dies are constantly changed, it renders such slabs as a mere
marketing scam IMO.

Regardless, the unc's are still strictly bullion coins. Why anyone would
seek out and pay a premium for a "first strike" example seems like a fool's
errand to me. But then I collect and pay serious money for beer cans.

Old January 4th 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

On Jan 3, 6:09*pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:
" wrote in message

[...]

No, I am not collecting slabbed coins, I never got my 2009 UNC silver
eagle from the mint and I am on the subsciption list.
My complaint is that, It seems that all the dealer get their hands on
these coins before the general public. The Mint calims it has to meet
the demand of the public and in 2009 they did not.
Old January 4th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
gogu[_9_]

? " ?????? ??? ??????
On Jan 3, 6:09 pm, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

As far as I know, we collectors have never been able to order bullion Unc
silver eagles directly from the Mint.

There you have the answer to your question!

You aren't seriously looking for slabbed "first day release" bullion
coins,
are you? If you're somebody who can discern any difference (no peeking at
the slab label or at the price on your receipt), you should consider
becoming a diamond cutter.

No, I am not collecting slabbed coins, I never got my 2009 UNC silver
eagle from the mint and I am on the subsciption list.

And you will never receive one *directly* from the Mint even if you are on
their subscription list;-)

My complaint is that, It seems that all the dealer get their hands on
these coins before the general public. The Mint calims it has to meet
the demand of the public and in 2009 they did not.

You must understand what Bruce wrote: UNC Silver Eagles were *never* sold by
the Mint directly to the public!
They are sold to the public exclusively through dealers!
You are probably confusing them with the UNC "burnish" Silver Eagles and/or
the Proof Silver Eagles.

rgrds

--

E' mai possibile, oh porco di un cane, che le avventure
in codesto reame debban risolversi tutte con grandi

Coins, travels and mo
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/golanule/
http://gogu.enosi.org/index.html

Old January 4th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

"gogu" wrote in message
? " ?????? ??? ??????
[...]

If he had been getting "Unc" silver eagles from the Mint in the past, they
must have been the premium-priced burnished Unc specimens. So maybe there's
little advantage to being on the Mint's subscription list if one has to wait
to see if items are going to be shipped automatically before complaining.
Plus, I presume a Mint subscriber has to pay shipping for each item sent,
rather than simply wait a few months and order several items at once for the
one shipping price.

FA: 06 silver eagles, 40% silver kennedy's mint sets, bullion andmore howard Coins 2 February 16th 07 08:34 PM
FA: SILVER RUPEES, SILVER EAGLES, BULLION howard rubin Coins 0 January 20th 07 05:08 PM
FA:1999,2000,2001,2002,2003 Silver proof set,Silver Eagles,Silver. 18 hrs left LAWRENCE TINGWALL Coins 1 June 7th 04 01:51 AM
Silver Eagles Teddy Bare Coins 9 March 18th 04 01:59 PM
FA: Silver Eagles Charles Carman Coins 0 November 17th 03 04:10 AM