Cliff Mishler

Old July 2nd 09, 10:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jud

Default Cliff Mishler

ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.
Old July 2nd 09, 10:44 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jul 2, 4:40*pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I am very pleased to hear about Mr. Mishler. Tremendous
congratulations to Cliff!!!

oly
Old July 2nd 09, 10:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jul 2, 4:44*pm, oly wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40*pm, Jud wrote:

ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I am very pleased to hear about Mr. Mishler. *Tremendous
congratulations to Cliff!!!

oly

Results:

http://www.money.org/AM/Template.cfm...ontentID=14767

I hope that the link works.

oly

Old July 2nd 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Ken Barr

Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.

And here they are ... filched directly from the ANA Prezz Releaze ...

CLIFFORD MISHLER ELECTED ANA PRESIDENT
2009 Board of Governors to be Installed in Los Angeles
Clifford Mishler has been elected the 56th President of the American
Numismatic Association, ANA Executive Director Larry Shepherd
announced today.
Mishler received 5,047 votes compared with 3,213 for current ANA Vice
President Patricia A. Jagger Finner. Thomas G. Hallenbeck, who ran
unopposed, was elected Vice President. Incumbents Chester L. Krause,
Joseph E. Boling, Walter Ostromecki Jr., and Wendell Wolka were re-
elected along with Board newcomers Scott T. Rottinghaus, J.P. Martin
and Jeff C. Garrett.
BiggsKofford, independent auditing firm for the American Numismatic
Association 2009 Board of Governors' election, counted the ballots and
reported the following vote tallies:
For President Votes
Clifford Mishler 5,047
Iola, WI
Patricia A. Jagger Finner 3,213
Iola, WI
For Vice President
Thomas G. Hallenbeck 1*
Colorado Springs, CO
Successful Candidates for Governor Votes
Chester L. Krause 5,845
Iola, WI
Joseph E. Boling 4,730
Indianapolis, IN
Walter A. Ostromecki 4,453
Panorama City, CA
Scott T. Rottinghaus 4,339
New London, CT
Wendell A. Wolka 4,179
Greenwood, IN
J.P. Martin 4,066
Englewood, CO
Jeff C. Garrett 3,781
Lexington, KY
Unsuccessful Candidates for Governor Votes
Alan Herbert 3,613
Belle Fourche, SD
Michael L. Ellis 3,111
Virginia Beach, VA
Jeffrey Swindling 2,703
Jacksonville, FL
Thomas A. Palmer, Jr. 2,627
New Smyrna Beach, FL
Paul Hollis 2,498
Mandeville, LA
Brian E. Fanton 2,335
Hiawatha, IA
Michael S. Turrini 1,961
Vallejo, CA
New officers will be installed during the annual ANA Awards Banquet,
Saturday, Aug. 8, at the World's Fair of Money® in Los Angeles.
Overall, 8,479 ballots were returned in the 2009 election, compared
with 7,171 in 2007. Of all ballots cast, 44 were rejected compared
with 505 in 2007. The ANA mailed 29,299 ballots, one to each
Association member who was eligible to vote on May 15, 2009.
All Board candidates were informed of the election results during a
conference telephone call at 12:30 p.m. Mountain Standard Time,
Thursday, July 2.
Old July 3rd 09, 01:26 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Marotta

33,000 members
8,000 votes

Decisions are made by those who show up.

My horses all came in. If it were not Cliff Mishler, I would have
voted for Patti Finner. She works hard for the hobby at the nuts and
bolts that people take for granted. That kind of performance often
does not win friends and too often is repaid with animosity from
people who do not receive deference for their self-ascribed status.
Now that this election is behind us, I look forward to her presidency
in the next board cycle.

Mike M.
Michael E. Marotta
"What you can measure you can improve."
Old July 3rd 09, 05:11 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Jul 2, 4:40*pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected to
the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).
Old July 3rd 09, 05:18 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Jul 2, 7:26*pm, Mike Marotta wrote:
33,000 members
8,000 votes

Decisions are made by those who show up.

My horses all came in. *If it were not Cliff Mishler, I would have
voted for Patti Finner. *She works hard for the hobby at the nuts and
bolts that people take for granted. *That kind of performance often
does not win friends and too often is repaid with animosity from
people who do not receive deference for their self-ascribed status.
Now that this election is behind us, I look forward to her presidency
in the next board cycle.

Mike M.
Michael E. Marotta
"What you can measure you can improve."

Why would you waste your vote on Finner? Seriously, she ran a totally
half-assed campaign and having Bill Horton speak for her during the
Candidates Forum at Portland this past March wasn't much of a smart
move either. She reeks of the Horton regime and her ties with
Cipoletti (who will soon be on his way to the pokey). If she runs
again, I will make sure she gets defeated! While on the subject of
Finner, she should seriously consider resigning as President of
Central States since she is ramming that organization into the
ground. I dropped my Central States membership after 15 years because
of her.
Old July 3rd 09, 08:01 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40 pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected
to the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).

How, exactly, would that have happened, given the nature of the ballotting
and canvassing?

James the Election Judge

Old July 3rd 09, 08:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

dorancoins wrote:
[...]

Resigning one's membership in an organization cements his own
ineffectiveness in bringing about positive change within that organization.

And how, exactly, does one "make sure" someone gets defeated, especially if
he now has no vote? I can think of only one way.

James the Macabre

Old July 3rd 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bruce Remick

dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40 pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected
to the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).

How, exactly, would that have happened, given the nature of the ballotting
and canvassing?

James the Election Judge

And how exactly will the results of this particular election effect the
average collector's enjoyment of the coin collecting hobby? The
name-calling and bitterness it seems to have generated remind me of some
homeowners' association meetings where residents come close to blows over
who should be elected vice president. Don't we already have enough
controversial local and national politics to angst over?

Krause, Mishler and ANA resolve disagreement [email protected] Coins 40 December 24th 05 04:08 PM
Should Krause/Mishler just ask the ANA to return the money? stonej Coins 2 November 11th 05 12:00 PM
FA: 2003 Standard Catalog of World Coins (KRAUSE & MISHLER) emvee Coins 0 August 19th 04 12:28 AM
What Should Cliff Do? Cliff Coins 10 March 16th 04 11:18 PM
PING CLIFF C so ne Coins 0 July 26th 03 10:44 AM