Know when to hold 'em

Old August 25th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

Default Know when to hold 'em

First, thanks to all who posted their comments in response to my "fold 'em"
message.

Some mentioned killfile. In this case, even had I killfiled "Ewan" at first
light, and I daresay the temptation was there to do just that, his
sockpuppet "Ryan" would have still appeared on my newsreader.

Some speculated as to my skin thickness. As Ira pointed out, an
ex-schoolteacher (33 years at the secondary level in the public schools) is
pretty callous and ruddy. Nevertheless, the aftermath of the "Ryan" post
was a stroke way south of the belt buckle for me, as I am practically
hardwired to answer questions from kids, and have always enjoyed doing so.
That said, it is not likely that "Ewan" set his trap specifically for me,
but still he reminds me of the perverse geniuses in Iraq who set up the
IEDs.

I guess the lesson learned on my part is to vet the best I can any newcomers
asking questions before I spend any time at all researching a topic for
them.

For better or for worse, then, consider me sticking around. And again, I
appreciate all who responded. Love ya all!

Mr. Jaggers

Old August 25th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote in
:

[...]

We love you too, Man!

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Glad to see you're sticking around!

Old August 25th 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:
For better or for worse, then, consider me sticking around.

Friend, I'm pleased to report that after studying and pondering on it for a
bit, I have graded this thread as being "Extremely Fine."

Amistad
''"You can't keep a good man down."' --Noah

Old August 25th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
WheatPenny

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:49:25 GMT, "Amistad"
climbed to the top of the minaret and
sang out:

"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:
For better or for worse, then, consider me sticking around.

Friend, I'm pleased to report that after studying and pondering on it for a
bit, I have graded this thread as being "Extremely Fine."

But you didn't pay at leats $150 for it, so it's not a "real"
thread...

---

Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia.

(Charles M. Schulz)
Old August 25th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dale Hallmark

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:
For better or for worse, then, consider me sticking around.

Friend, I'm pleased to report that after studying and pondering on it for
a bit, I have graded this thread as being "Extremely Fine."

Amistad
''"You can't keep a good man down."' --Noah

oooooohhhhhh crap! I feel a group hug coming on ;-)
Dale

Old August 25th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
proud-collector.com

Awkward group huge commencing, moment of silence and then some
wispering in Mr. Jaggers' ear.

-------------
http://www.proud-collector.com/

Dale Hallmark wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:

Old August 25th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
proud-collector.com

I can't spell, I meant hug.

----------------------

proud-collector.com wrote:
Awkward group huge commencing, moment of silence and then some
wispering in Mr. Jaggers' ear.

-------------
http://www.proud-collector.com/

Dale Hallmark wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:

Old August 25th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Amistad

"proud-collector.com" offered a poignant confession to the group:
I can't spell, I meant hug.

I can't spell, either. I meant Jonah, not Noah. :-)

Amistad

Old August 25th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Eric Babula

"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in
m:

"Amistad" wrote in message
"Mr. Jaggers" stated, in part:
For better or for worse, then, consider me sticking around.

Friend, I'm pleased to report that after studying and pondering on
it for a bit, I have graded this thread as being "Extremely Fine."

Amistad
''"You can't keep a good man down."' --Noah

oooooohhhhhh crap! I feel a group hug coming on ;-)
Dale

GROUP HUG!

((((Mr. Jaggers)))) --- emoticon for hug

--
Eric Babula
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

Old August 25th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Dave Hinz

On 25 Aug 2006 19:30:22 GMT, Eric Babula wrote:
"Dale Hallmark" dalehall"AT"cableone.net wrote in
m:

oooooohhhhhh crap! I feel a group hug coming on ;-)

GROUP HUG!

OK, whose hand is that!