Report - New 2009 Lincoln Cent Ceremony in Springfield, IL

Old August 13th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

Default Report - New 2009 Lincoln Cent Ceremony in Springfield, IL

To the group,

I am just getting back from the New 2009 Lincoln Cent Launch Ceremony
& Coin Exchange which was held today in Springfield, IL at the Old
State Capitol. It was very very nice, pleasant company and pleasant
weather. The ceremony was nice and not overly long; U.S. Senator Dick
Durbin and Director of the U.S. Mint Edward Moy were the principal
speakers. I was about 100th through line; before it was all over I
estimated that there were a very solid 5,000 attendees. There was a
relatively strong numismatic presence and many attendees seemingly
were also at the prior ceremonies in Hodgkinsville KY and Lincoln City
IN. Amongst RCC denizens, Mike Doran and his wife were also in
attendance. I saw about a dozen numismatists who are well-known to
myself and met some other gents with formidable coin credentials
too.

More to follow in a few hours. I need to recover a bit.

oly
Old August 14th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Aug 13, 2:00*pm, oly wrote:
[...]

Yes, oly, I was there getting roasted in the hot Springpatch sun. Got
quite a few rolls which most are spoken for. Had fun there.