Cliff Mishler

Old July 3rd 09, 01:46 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Charles Edwards

Default Cliff Mishler

dorancoins Jul 3

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).

***********

Forget to take your meds? Doran "forgets" to mention that he ran for
the CSNS Board and was soundly defeated.

Chas. Edwards
Old July 3rd 09, 02:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Jul 3, 7:46*am, Charles Edwards wrote:
dorancoins * Jul 3

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. *As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. *But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).

***********

Forget to take your meds? Doran "forgets" to mention that he ran for
the CSNS Board and was soundly defeated.

Chas. Edwards

I did ran for a seat on the boards of both the ANA and CSNS but did
not win. I was not bitter about the ANA election in 2007 because,
simply, my feeling was that as long as the new governors are not part
of the Bill Horton/Chris Cipoletti regime that the ANA can get the
much-needed reform that it needs. CSNS is a whole different matter,
as I come to find out. I lost because the "good ol'boys" are afraid
that a reform-minded person like me would question everything they
do. The fact of the matter is that I would not hesitate to question
what the board does, as I have been told by past board members of some
of the shananigans that goes on. CSNS is another organization that
needs to rid itself of the cronyism but as long as the "good'ol boys"
have control, that will never happen.
Old July 3rd 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

On Jul 3, 7:33*am, "Bruce Remick" wrote:

dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40 pm, Jud wrote:
ANA new President is Cliff Mishler. Alan Herbert was not re-elected
to the board. I am sure more details will follow.

I'm glad that Cliff won, and also glad that Finner was defeated. *As
far as Herbert, his ties to Cipoletti and the old regime of Bill
Horton is exactly why he didn't get re-elected. *But there is one
board member who should've been defeated but wasn't (probably because
he had "dead people from Indiana" vote for him) - Wendell Wolka, who
is one of Finner's stooges (alongside Herbert).

How, exactly, would that have happened, given the nature of the ballotting
and canvassing?

James the Election Judge

And how exactly will the results of this particular election effect the
average collector's enjoyment of the coin collecting hobby? * The
name-calling and bitterness it seems to have generated remind me of some
homeowners' association meetings where residents come close to blows over
who should be elected vice president. *Don't we already have enough
controversial local and national politics to angst over?- Hide quoted text -

There is politics in everything, even at Church. Mrs. Finner is
intelligent, very extremely hard-working and a fine woman; but thank
goodness Cliff won. He is a numismatist's numismatist, a prince of
our hobby. Our hobby wouldn't be one-half as well informed as it is
today without the life work of Messrs. Krause and Mishler.

oly
Old July 3rd 09, 02:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Jul 3, 2:05*am, "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:
dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 7:26 pm, Mike Marotta wrote:
33,000 members
8,000 votes

Decisions are made by those who show up.

My horses all came in. If it were not Cliff Mishler, I would have
voted for Patti Finner. She works hard for the hobby at the nuts and
bolts that people take for granted. That kind of performance often
does not win friends and too often is repaid with animosity from
people who do not receive deference for their self-ascribed status.
Now that this election is behind us, I look forward to her presidency
in the next board cycle.

Mike M.
Michael E. Marotta
"What you can measure you can improve."

Why would you waste your vote on Finner? *Seriously, she ran a totally
half-assed campaign and having Bill Horton speak for her during the
Candidates Forum at Portland this past March wasn't much of a smart
move either. *She reeks of the Horton regime and her ties with
Cipoletti (who will soon be on his way to the pokey). *If she runs
again, I will make sure she gets defeated! *While on the subject of
Finner, she should seriously consider resigning as President of
Central States since she is ramming that organization into the
ground. *I dropped my Central States membership after 15 years because
of her.

Resigning one's membership in an organization cements his own
ineffectiveness in bringing about positive change within that organization.

Old July 3rd 09, 03:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bob F.[_5_]

"dorancoins" wrote in message
[...]

You appear to be an even bigger crybaby than our own Francine
Probablysick.

Old July 3rd 09, 03:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40 pm, Jud wrote:
[...]

oly- Hide quoted text -

I must concur with your statements about Mishler and Krause, oly, but
not about Finner. In fact, she is nothing but a rude, abrasive, ego-
centric blowhard who thinks she is better than everyone else. Have
you ever been verbally attacked by her? I've been attacked by her,
and so have others. She has made lots of enemies, especially here in
Illinois.
Old July 3rd 09, 03:05 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
dorancoins

On Jul 3, 9:00*am, "Bob F." wrote:
[...]

Now what the f--k, a crybaby? I am just stating fact but it seems
that you, like others, have no clue on the inner workings of these
organizations.
Old July 3rd 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

dorancoins wrote:
[...]

And how, exactly, does one "make sure" someone gets defeated,
especially if he now has no vote? I can think of only one way.

James the Macabre- Hide quoted text -

How can one bring positive change to an organization when the powers-
that-be resist it, even if such change has good intentions? The
majority of the CSNS board (including Finner) are like ostriches with
their heads buried in the sand. This organization is way more
clinging to its ways than the ANA. As far as I'm concerned, CSNS is
one of the most corrupt numismatic organizations in the hobby but no
one on its board has the guts to admit it.

Try as I will, I can't seem to find where you've addressed either of my
points.

James the Persistent

Old July 3rd 09, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
oly

dorancoins wrote:
On Jul 2, 4:40 pm, Jud wrote:
[...]

Illinois.- Hide quoted text -

Mike, I spent several ILNA conventions around the year 2000 MOL
working for Mrs. Finner. You never have to guess what she wants or
how high she wants you to jump. But in real life, it's people like
that who make businesses and government and things like coin
conventions tick.

Besides, I like the perfume she uses.

oly

Old July 3rd 09, 03:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

And how exactly will the results of this particular election effect the
average collector's enjoyment of the coin collecting hobby? The
name-calling and bitterness it seems to have generated remind me of some
homeowners' association meetings where residents come close to blows over
who should be elected vice president. Don't we already have enough
controversial local and national politics to angst over?

I have no idea who any of these people are or what they have or have not
done. Reading this thread, it all sounds very silly.

Krause, Mishler and ANA resolve disagreement [email protected] Coins 40 December 24th 05 04:08 PM
Should Krause/Mishler just ask the ANA to return the money? stonej Coins 2 November 11th 05 12:00 PM
FA: 2003 Standard Catalog of World Coins (KRAUSE & MISHLER) emvee Coins 0 August 19th 04 12:28 AM
What Should Cliff Do? Cliff Coins 10 March 16th 04 11:18 PM
PING CLIFF C so ne Coins 0 July 26th 03 10:44 AM