Ebay is Unfair!

Old April 6th 07, 09:30 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
nofeestillyoulose

Default Ebay is Unfair!

ps don't use ebay and consider it a Easter Gift.
"Bruce Remick" wrote in message

"Jim R" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:43:21 -0400, "Bruce Remick"
wrote:

Life is often unfair. The thing called eBay is not a God-given right
bestowed upon people who have chosen to use it to make money for
themselves.
People who have woven their financial existance around eBay should recall
what life was like for them BE. How did they manage to earn a living? If
you want to use eBay, you've gotta play by their rules and accept their
whims-- agree with them or not.

Oh, CRAP! Companies who treat their customers without due care for
their welfare, or treat them like **** (like eBay does) are fair game
for anyone who can sue them for as much as they can. Good luck to
them!

(I speak as someone who has just had all my ebay items removed by
eBay.co.uk, with no explanantion or notification - and as far as I can
see they didn't breach any of eBay's terms and conditions).

Jim R

Than you're perfectly free to not use eBay anymore or any other auction
venue that you don't like. eBay has treated most of us just fine over the
years. I'll continue to take advantage of what they offer as long as I'm
happy. I don't expect eBay to look out for my welfare. They're out to
make a dollar. Something you did caused them to do what they did.
Otherwise, they are usually most eager to keep customers. If you think
you can afford to sue them on whatever grounds you think might apply, good
luck. But I think you might be better off simply looking for another
auction venue if you need to sell your stuff that way.

Bruce

Old April 6th 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Ozark

On Apr 6, 5:44 am, "Kim" wrote:
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was canceled
for no apparent reason give, then an eBay representative wrote to me and
instructed me to fax certain documentation in then my account would be
reinstated. I did so but my account was not reinstated. Now I have no income
and it is due to eBay's unfair policies and business practices. They cancel
your account and don't even explain why --- meanwhile I have lost, no doubt
just like many others and owe Fed Ex fees, DHL fees which are due at the end
of the month--of which I could have paid had my bids and account not been
canceled. They, eBay gave no reason why but just exerted their "No ask..no
tell why your account is being suspended".

Also, when I click on the above link to see a "printable copy" of the
lawsuit, a blank screen comes up. I would like to see a copy of that
lawsuit.

I have also been contacted by at least 9 - 10 others who need an attorney
along with myself, to sue eBay for the unfair business practices. I was
referred to Suzanna Gal from the San Jose District Attorney's Office, but
only after sending all my relevant paperwork and evidence to her, did she
not even respond and has done absolutely nothing on the case. She is a
foreigner and I have trouble understanding her English. I have nothing
against foreigners but I simply cannot understand her...only that she did
nothing on my case as well as many others, and she closed the case not
explaining to me what she did at all on my case. She only said "I cannot
force eBay into mediation"??? I wanted to see her office take much needed
prosecution and swift, harsh legal action against eBay..What a total waste
of time her office was. I even wrote to her supervisor and he sent me a
dear-john letter....nothing was ever done on my case. These people from the
DA's office are just as lazy and illegal in their conduct as eBay is.

We---myself and at least 10 others need a great attorney in that area or
whomever in the correction jurisdication has the know-how and much needed
follow-thru to sue eBay.

They have hurt me and damaged me for the last time! I have outstanding bills
and monetary obligations and I was doing great on eBay.

The other matter regarding eBay's outrageous feedback & shill-bidding
policies need to be filed within this same lawsuit.

Someone contact me for serious legal action against eBay. We (all 10 of us)
need a diligent, ethical attorney who will give eBay what they need most---a
kick in their legally constipated ass!

Kim

(541) 705-2856

Hi Kim,

Chances are you have been found quilty without a trial of breaking one
of Ebays rules.

This is not uncommon. It typically takes about a month to go through
the reinstatement process at which time you may or may not be
reinstated.

Be patient.

Try to follow the instructions Ebay sends. Don't send a lot of Emails,
this causes confusion.

Expect several emails from Ebay saying they have reviewed whatever you
submitted and decided that your suspension will remain in effect.
Ignore them.

Try Yahoo in the meantime.

See: http://whyebaysux.blogspot.com/ and
http://www.oreillynet.com/digitalmed...bay_sucks.html

You are not alone.

Old April 6th 07, 11:59 PM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kris Baker

"Kim" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled for no apparent reason give,

I have no idea what that sentence means, but apparently you
were accused of shilling -- which is the very topic you posted
the same screed under, on an online blog:
http://www.lawblog.com/2005/02/ebay-...l-bidding.html

So, how many times were you accused of shill bidding? eBay
doesn't cancel your account for no reason.

Kris

Old April 7th 07, 12:19 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Flatch U Lance.

"Kris Baker" wrote in message
t...

"Kim" wrote in message
thlink.net...
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was
canceled for no apparent reason give,

I have no idea what that sentence means, but apparently you
were accused of shilling -- which is the very topic you posted
the same screed under, on an online blog:
http://www.lawblog.com/2005/02/ebay-...l-bidding.html

So, how many times were you accused of shill bidding? eBay
doesn't cancel your account for no reason.

Kris

Good find, Sherlock. Of course there is more to the story than Kim let on.
He/She doesn't provide any tangible eBay related information yet asks people
to join her crusade. Also notice he hasn't posted back here since her
original cut and paste post. I suspect he's pasting it everywhere she can.
He got caught shill bidding and is now inviting everyone to her pity party.

Old April 7th 07, 12:29 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Bruce Remick

"Jim R" wrote in message
On Fri, 6 Apr 2007 08:49:09 -0500, "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

I continue to offer my services to the especially select. For more
information, please contact Mr. Dickens, Gad's Hill Place, Higham, Kent
(U.K.).

A professional who doesn't include a building or a postcode in his
address?

Jim R

C'mon. Everybody in Kent knows where Mr. Dickens lives. ;)

Old April 7th 07, 12:42 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Bruce Remick

"nofeestillyoulose" wrote in message
news4yRh.216$Lm.63@trndny05...
ebay is a maze that gives someone something to do. Its like they set up a
puzzle and intrique you to lose your money with tens of ways of doing it.
yes you can get some decent buys but lets bet you eventually see this as a
money losing obessision.. Count yourself lucky they helped you leave.
If your worried about some fees. your not probably doing so great as power
seller.

If one can occasionally get some decent buys on eBay, how does a buyer end
up losing money? If someone sets up a business that is dependant on
auctioning their goods on eBay, and they lose money, they either have crappy
products that people don't want, or they set their starting bids near retail
which scared potential bidders off. I've never lost money as a buyer and
seller over about ten years. Sometimes I didn't get what I'd hoped for
selling an item. Other times I got several times more than I expected. I'm
not in it to make money, even if I sometimes do. I can't picture someone
able to get rid of junk from their garage or attic on eBay and then whining
about the fees they charge. Maybe they shoulda held a yard sale and hoped
for a customer or two.

Bruce

Old April 7th 07, 01:20 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Kris Baker

"Flatch U Lance." wrote in
message ...

Good find, Sherlock.

Thank you. This one was easier than most.

Kris

Old April 7th 07, 02:18 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Niel J Humphreys

"Ozark" wrote in message
ups.com...

More like chances are it's another ****ing troll.
--

Niel H

Old April 7th 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Mr. Clean

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:12:57 +0100, Jim R
spake thusly:

Jim R

i think Jim R is the OP's sock puppet, and should be killfiled
accordingly.

this is the word of the lord.

Old April 7th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.anti-ebay,alt.marketing.online.ebay,rec.collecting.coins,rec.collecting
Jerry Dennis

On Apr 6, 6:44?am, "Kim" wrote:
Hi. My name is Kim and I was a powerseller on eBay. My account was canceled
for no apparent reason give

remaining gripe snipped

My original ebay account was cancelled many years back. When I asked
ebay why, I got the standard, "Thank you for writing to ebay. You
account has been cancelled. Jimbo-Billy-Bob-Ray." This went on for
about 12 e-mails, my aggravation getting worse (I was trying to get a
Silver Eagle at the time). After calling every responder to task to
explain what they were talkingabout, I finally demanded that SOMEONE
speak English and give me a straight answer. Like a Sudoku puzzle, I
had to read between every line in every response to figure out that
one of my kids was a NPB on a couple of items, and only because she
lived in my house were all ebay accounts listed in that address
cancelled. So I said, "**** on them." I opened another account with
a different name and a different address. What are they going to do
now? It's been years.

Trying to get an answer out of ebay is useless. If you don't like
their rules, don't play. There are many other online auction sites
available.

Jerry