fakes; things to look for

Old June 16th 08, 04:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default fakes; things to look for

Well I did some surfing on Ebay just for the heck of it (not really
buying there these days) and often you cannot see the items very good
and can't tell. I got an email from a celeb site the other day asking
me to look at something and I had to ask the seller for a larger scan
(he did not ever send it to me; my guess is he googled me...).

Anyway, occasionally there are some you can't see but don't even have
to ask for a larger scan because you are pretty sure FORGERY right
away. There are tell tale signs. I'd bet this is a fake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lord-Of-The-Ring...QQcmdZViewItem

The sigs are all small (every cele writes differently and when you
have this many on an item, there are bound to be one or two or three
that are LARGE or medium in size... not all will be even). In
addition, they are nearly evenly spaced. When is the last time every
celeb actually listened to you, signed in the exact spot exactly 2"
apart from the other... NOT. Next, they are all horizontal. With
this many, it's sure that some write compact, on a slant, crooked, or
even some I have actually sign vertical. Neatness: these are too
neat. Plain and simple there are too many red flags.

So I hope people will take note of things like this. Could it be
legit? Well there's possibility I guess for anything, but likely, no.
Old June 16th 08, 08:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

yeah, that poster is pretty bad..i don't even need to see a larger
scan.

Old June 16th 08, 09:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

At least it's information related to autographs... much more than you
do.

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:50:30 -0700, "B14"
wrote:

"Sue H" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

thanks for the
info...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz....rmation

Old June 17th 08, 10:36 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black[_2_]

"B14" wrote in message

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

same retard, different sock

These look like fakes... mclovin Autographs 3 January 1st 08 03:03 AM
QUESTION ABOUT POSSIBLE FAKES ishka.bibble Coins 4 July 23rd 07 03:04 PM
Fakes and Terrorism (Again) Mike Marotta Coins 186 June 13th 05 09:57 PM
Off ebay fakes Xray Coins 85 March 12th 05 11:55 PM
More fakes from China Frank Provasek Coins 11 June 19th 04 08:11 AM