Golden Eagles, Canadian Maple, bullion

Old November 4th 03, 09:00 PM
REDCRESTEDCARDINAL

Default Golden Eagles, Canadian Maple, bullion

I've just started looking into gold.
These are some pretty basic questions I guess. I'm new at this.
Can you buy gold bullion at the spot price and if so where?
Is there an advantage to buying Golden Eagles or CanadianMaples at a higher
price than bars.
I've looked into Kitco and Monex.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old November 5th 03, 03:04 AM
slim silver

Are you buying on speculation or just because you want some gold? The time
to buy on spec is passed IMHO.
Not that I know much about it but it would seem to me buying alot of gold
now would be like the guy who always buys stocks when the price is up and
sells if they go down. I may be totally wrong but I think alot of money is
about to leave gold and go back into stocks. When that happens the price of
gold is coming back down.

I'm in the market to add a gold coin to my collection but I'll wait the
price settles back down to the $300-$320 range.

Old November 5th 03, 03:52 AM
Bob Peterson

"slim silver" wrote in message
. com...
Are you buying on speculation or just because you want some gold? The time
to buy on spec is passed IMHO.
Not that I know much about it but it would seem to me buying alot of gold
now would be like the guy who always buys stocks when the price is up and
sells if they go down. I may be totally wrong but I think alot of money is
about to leave gold and go back into stocks. When that happens the price

of
gold is coming back down.

I'm in the market to add a gold coin to my collection but I'll wait the
price settles back down to the $300-$320 range.

Thats probably a realistic guess, but its only that. No one can predict
with any reliability what the economy, the stock market, or any commodity
will do over more than a very short period of time.

Old November 5th 03, 09:34 PM
REDCRESTEDCARDINAL

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message

[...]

I want it to tuck away with my US bonds. I'm 35 anything I buy now will not
be cashed for a good while.
Never the less, I'll wait for it drop as you suggest.
Any advice on the bars vs. coin.
Thanks again. Tom

Old November 6th 03, 05:45 PM
doobie

Before you invest in gold as a long term investment you should look at its
track record over the last 20 years or so. Based on historical prices I'd
bet you'd do better in a good quality mutual fund. I know how you feel
though. I've been tempted myself. I just don't like what I've seen over the
long term with gold. Personally, I'd only consider purchasing a very limited
number gold coins of numismatic value.

Old November 6th 03, 09:58 PM
GoldenMan54

RedCrestedBuzzard: What kind or size or amount are you looking for. I
have bars of .9995 fine gold bars up to i kilo size. I would advise you
to think heavy and long about gold stocks futures before spending your
money on a gold coin or bar. I know too many people who purchase gold
and precious metals bullion thinking they were one step from being an
instant millionaire and still holding the bullion bars five years later,
waiting for that magic minute when bullion stocks would go to $10,000
per ounce. If you are into big time buying of precious metals bullion
and rare metals, I will refer you to the right people who can help you.
GoldenMan70