John A. Stovall, "sanctimonious gasbag", also world-class twerp

Old August 2nd 03, 06:13 AM
ann greenfield

Default John A. Stovall, "sanctimonious gasbag", also world-class twerp

How dare you question my integrity as well as my intelligence? If I
were devious enough to pull a stunt like that, do you think I would be
stupid enough to brag about it on a newsgroup?

First, the auction is from a private collection, each book bearing a
numbered slip, displayed in glass cases, and watched over by auction
employees. The jumble of books from which I gleaned the DeLillo was left
over from previous auctions and at least a hundred feet away in a
different room. The "nothing" book I bought with it was one of those
Avenel collections (four Raymond Chandler novels in one volume) that I
wanted for a reading copy...nothing sinister there, just something I
thought RCB'ers would have little interest in, therefore the "nothing
book" designation.

I read this group faithfully but seldom post anymore except to mourn the
loss of some of the more interesting people. Thank goodness for Jon and
the other old-timers. You, sir, are a prime example of the malicious
and nasty types who take the joy out of what can be a wonderful hobby.
Oh, what the hell. I don't have to be polite when someone calls me a
thief. You're a prick.
Old August 2nd 03, 05:05 PM
Htn963

"michael adams", in his tempestuous rush to defend a lady's honor, wrote
before he even comprehended what he read:

The fact that you're apparently unable to distinguish between
rec.collecting.books and gaming groups, says as much about you
as anyone could ever really need to know.

Not quite. I also like pina coladas and getting caught in the rain.

Where there is indeed such a possibility of misunderstanding, good
manners
alone would suggest that you give others the benefit of the doubt.

Indeed. Heal thyself, physician.

--
Ht

|Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore
never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
--John Donne, "Devotions Upon Emergent Occasions"|