Newly published historical fantasy (ancient Greece 175 BC)

Old August 23rd 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Default Newly published historical fantasy (ancient Greece 175 BC)

Hi,

I'm a newly published author and would invite interested readers to
check out my work published by Whiskey Creek Press (Torrid) at
http://whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com or at my own site
http://greekfiction.blogspot.com

The title is "The Spartan Beach Boy" and is set in 175 BC. It is a
short novella, available for instant download at the publisher's
site above or at http://fictionwise.com

You can read the synopsis, reviews and other details at the site to
see if this interests you.

I suck at self-promotion and hope this is enough to spur your
interest to check it out. The title refers to the hero of the story,
Jason, who is a Spartan youth who has been trained as a warrior in
the harshest manner possible. The island council of elders appoints
Jason to be the leader of the "beach boys", a group of youths who
patrol the beaches in the name of the council, supervising the
fertility rites. It is in that context that the entire story takes
place, as Jason finds true love as well as being confronted with an
impossible dilemma, one difficult to resolve.

It is a fairly short work and should be a quick read for most folks.

In any case, I will let you readers of fantasy be the judge.

On my site (http://greekfiction.blogspot.com), you can also read
about an upcoming novel of mine, called "The Spartan Slave". This
will be a full length novel and is set around 199 BC. I'm currently
working on the final edits with the publisher and this work is
expected to be released to the public in December 2006.