Books for Sale

Old March 30th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Default Books for Sale

The following is a list of very-good-condition books which I have for
sale. Prices are negotiable, the listed price just being what the
edition cost originally; e-mail me at shpippin@[REMOVE
THIS]argontech.net to make an offer. Other books are also available;
feel free to ask about a title because I have many. If you'd like
information about the book listed, the plot, what short stories are
included or whatever, you can e-mail me to ask that too. The term
"quality paperback," by the way, means the larger, more formal-looking
paperbacks.

shpippin@[REMOVE THIS]argontech.net

Waking the Moon
Elizabeth Hand
Hardcover, 390 pages, in excellent condition
Harper Prism
$19 cover price
1995

Of Love and Other Demons
Gabriel García Márquez
Quality Paperback, 147 pages,
slight curving of front cover, tiny bend at top corner
of the back cover
Penguin
$11.95 cover price
1995

Collected Stories
Gabriel García Márquez
Quality Paperback, 311 pages,
in excellent condition
Harper Perennial
$13 cover price
1984

The African Queen
C. S. Forester
Quality Paperback, 308 pages,
slight damage to front and back covers
Little, Brown
$8.95 cover price
1935

Brave New World
Aldous Huxley
Quality Paperback, 268 pages,
tiny bend at top and bottom corners
of the front cover, minor dent in back cover
Harper Perennial
$10 cover price
1932

Book
Robert Grudin
Quality Paperback, 251 pages, tiny
scuffing of front and back covers
Penguin
$10 cover price
1992

King Jesus
Robert Graves
Quality Paperback, 424 pages,
in excellent, new condition
Farrar, Straus, and Giroux
$16 cover price
1946

Nostradamus 1999
Stefan Paulus
Quality Paperback, 282 pages,
tiny crease at top front corner, but
in like-new condition otherwise
$14.95 cover price
Llewellyn Publications
1996

The Hebrew Goddess
Raphael Patai
Quality Paperback, 368 pages,
in excellent condition
no cover price
Wayne State University Press
1990 (enlarged edition)

The Woman with the Alabaster Jar
Margaret Starbird
Quality Paperback, 199 pages,
tiny bend at bottom corner of front cover,
slight curve of top corner of front cover
$16.95 cover price
Bear & Company
1993

The Secret History
Donna Tartt
Hardcover, 524 pages, worn spot at bottom
of front cover, the clear plastic dust jacket
is a bit dingy
FIRST EDITION
$25 cover price
Knopf
1992

Bel Canto
Ann Patchett
Hardcover, 318 pages, in excellent condition
$25 cover price
Harper Collins
2001

shpippin@[REMOVE THIS]argontech.net

Old March 30th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

Wow, thanks for the opportunity to add all those 'quality paperbacks'
to my collection. Somehow I think you won't get too many bites here.
May I suggest craigslist? There seem to be a lot of folk there
interested in stuff like that...

Denton

Old March 31st 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Messages such as yours are generally treated with haughty disrespect in
rec.collecting.books. Let us hear something about your collecting
activities, huh?

David Ames

Old March 31st 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.collecting.books

my-wings wrote:
"Dave" wrote...
"Kris Baker" wrote:

I've been picturing a book dressed like a ^^^^pelican.^^^^^

Penguin, perchance?
It's all good.

Well, they *are* paperbacks.

As Dave says, "It's all good." Both Penguin & Pelican are paperback
imprints. Also Puffin.

--Jon Meyers
Old April 2nd 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.collecting.books

Denton Taylor wrote:
Wow, thanks for the opportunity to add all those 'quality paperbacks'
to my collection. Somehow I think you won't get too many bites here.
May I suggest craigslist? There seem to be a lot of folk there
interested in stuff like that...

Most of the editions on that list can
be had for no more than a dollar or two
in the Amazon marketplace. And I
think it would be hard to find a bricks-
and-mortar dealer anywhere who would
pay $20 for the whole kit-and-caboodle
if someone brought it into a store.
Most dealers would more likely offer